Monoprice Lightning cables an 5s Leather case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by deeddawg, Sep 21, 2013.

1. deeddawg macrumors 604

Anyone have the current MFI lightning cables from Monoprice and do they fit the new Apple Leather case?

Moved up from a 4S yesterday and I need a couple additional cables for work, car, etc. Apple OEM cables don't come in black.

2. deeddawg thread starter macrumors 604

I ended up chatting with Monoprice tech support; they claim their cables fit the hole in the Apple Leather Case.

I put in an order last night, we shall see how it turns out. :D

3. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

I have the 5s with the new Apple Black Leather Case and was wondering this myself. I have 2 6ft Lightning cables from Monoprice on order that should be here tomorrow. Crossing fingers they work with the leather case.

Side note: I roughly measured the charger opening on the leather case and compared that to the dimensions that Monoprice give about the connector dimensions. It's gonna be close.

4. marddin macrumors 6502

I'd be more worried about your mono price lightning cables being compatible with iOS 7.

5. deeddawg thread starter macrumors 604

Why? They're listed as MFI Certified.

6. marddin macrumors 6502

Many cables advertised as MFI certified are not working with iOS 7. Have you tested? Because if so I need to pick some up from MonoPrice.

Some amazon lighting cables I purchased advertised as MFI certified did not work with iOS 7. Only syncing, no charging.

7. deeddawg thread starter macrumors 604

Which particular MFI certified cables aren't working?

I'll be able to test once they're delivered later this week.
    FWIW: There are multiple recent reports on the web of Monoprice cables working fine with iOS7.

Of the many aftermarket cable sources, Monoprice is one vendor I trust to sell stuff that works as advertised. I've never had a problem with anything I've ordered from them before and am confident that if the cables in fact do not work as advertised I will have no issues returning them.

8. marddin macrumors 6502

Thanks for the comment. I will order some from Monoprice then. Thanks

9. deeddawg thread starter macrumors 604

If you wish to wait, my Monoprice order is due for delivery on Thursday. I'll be able to report my actual experience with my 5s either that evening or on Friday. I have both 3ft and 6ft cables on order.

10. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

Mine have been delivered today. 2 6ft. White USB to Lightning cables.

I will let you know if they work when I get home from work.

Attached Files:

11. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

I can confirm that the Monoprice Lightning cables fit perfectly with the Apple iPhone 5s Leather Case!!

I also have to throw in that the Transparent Screen Protectors from Monoprice are excellent. I just installed mine and got it on first try with absolutely no air bubbles. If it wasn't for the cutout around the camera and speaker you'd never know it was on there!

Attached Files:

12. deeddawg thread starter macrumors 604

Excellent news, thanks for confirming.

13. marddin macrumors 6502

Ditto!

14. deeddawg thread starter macrumors 604

Confirmed here as well. Both 3ft and 6ft cables seem to fit the Apple Leather Case with no issues. Connectors are smaller than the case opening but not by much. No warning pop ups either.