Monoprice Matte vs PowerSupport Anti Glare?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by vtclan, Dec 11, 2011.

1. vtclan macrumors regular

Has anyone here compared the cheap monoprice matte protectors to the powersupport anti glare ones? I know powersupport is known as being one of the best, but im wondering if the quality they offer is truly worth the price.

Im fairly happy with the monoprice matte protectors but not only is it grainy (which i expected) but along with those grains are a rainbowish effect that i noticed. Its not too bad but it shows up a lot on a white background.

So my questions to you guys are: Does the power support anti glare have a rainbowish grain to it? To those who have used both the monoprice and powersupport, is it worth the upgrade?

I'd appreciate the help!

2. SweetLou122 macrumors regular

yes, I have the cheap ones in both antiglare and crystal. The crystal ones are the only ones with the rainbow from what I can tell. Im getting the ps antiglare ones today thought, which should not take too much away from the display. I just can't stand fingerprints. Ill post back with how all 3 compare.

3. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

No the PS ones don't give off a rainbow effect at all.

The thing is it is 15 bucks for 2 of them. For a cheap alternative the monoprice ones are great. Especially if you are trying on a ton of cases that could potentially destroy the screen shield.

If you are looking for a temporary fix the monoprice ones are fine. I jsut wouldn't recommend them for a permanent solution. The PS ones have a much higher clarity (though still some slight grain) and are a little thicker for better scratch protection. I also found the PS ones were easier to get clean.

4. vtclan thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the responses. I didn't like the monoprice mattes at first but its slowly growing on me. If the powersupport is that good I think I'll have to pick up a pack.

5. SweetLou122 macrumors regular

Well, I got the powersupport hd ag yesterday and put it on last night. I really do like this screen protector. I have a bunch of cheap anti glare from amazon for my 3g/3gs, and although there's not many differences, they are there. The cutouts are very precise, for very particular people this is good. The film also is a bit thicker, and uses an very mild adhesive on the bottom as opposed to just static cling. It also seemed easier to install. Also can't comment on clarity, as the 3g and 4s screen are very different res.

Very nice, but expensive, screen protector.

Also there are zero rainbows, my cheap crystal film I had on before really annoyed me with the rainbows not to mention fingerprints/grease.