Monoprice Mini DisplayPort to DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort cable.

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by stchman, Aug 28, 2012.

1. stchman macrumors 6502a

2. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

I haven't used that particular adapter, but I have purchased many cables and adapters from Monoprice in the past, and have been quite pleased with all of them. They're a good company that makes good, inexpensive stuff :)

3. SuperRob macrumors regular

I have ordered two of them, one for my Air, and another for my boss' MBPR. So far, they've worked like a charm.

4. hidefguy macrumors 6502

I've used this and highly recommend them. but recently for watching movies On my flat screen tv, I have been using ML Air Play to AppleTV and this works just as good.

5. Birone macrumors newbie

I have the monoprice Thunderbolt to DVI for a multimonitor setup and it works perfectly. I'm using it on a *slightly* outdated Samsung LCD. The build quality is good, and I've not experienced any image distortions, flickers, etc.
    Just jealous now seeing your link for a 3 in one for $10.

6. rcappo macrumors regular

My mini-displayport to HDMI cable from Monoprice works great. When MacOS X boots up it can take a few seconds for the desktop image to stop flickering, but it is fine after that. In Linux, there are no problems.

7. slumpey326 macrumors 6502

Quick question, once you connect this cable from the macbook air to the tv and set the tv to the correct hdmi input, is there any settings on the macbook air that needs to be done to get the video/audio working on the tv. Or will it just automatically display it?

8. falterego macrumors 6502

falterego

At the most you'll have to go into System Preferences > Displays > check the box for mirroring. Otherwise it might run as a second extended display.

If you run the MBA in closed clamshell mode this is not needed, you'll just need a USB keyboard or mouse to wake it up.

9. stchman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, I ordered the Mini DisplayPort to HDMI/DVI/DisplayPort adapter. I also ordered one of those USB2.0 Ethernet adapters that actually WORK on OS X without installing drivers.

10. gpla macrumors newbie

Does anyone else experience slight washed out colors' (mba 2012 11 w/ monoprice cable).. not working like a charm like others here.

11. falterego macrumors 6502

falterego

My colors look fine with the Monoprice MDP to DVI adapter. Then again, I'm sitting on a $1700 27" NEC display with it's own calibrated color profile setup.

12. SuperRob macrumors regular

Not at all over DVI. In fact, I'd say that the Air's screen is more washed out than the 20" Dell I have it connected to.