Monoprice MiniDP/TB Adaptors

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FluJunkie, Jan 6, 2013.

1. FluJunkie macrumors 6502a

I just got a new rMBP, and will (hopefully) be giving a series of presentations this semester wherein I'll need to be able to plug in a wide range of projectors etc.

Are the monoprice.com adapters listed here: http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10428 decent? I've had good luck with another cable from them, and they are cheap...

Also, would I be better off using HDMI -> Something Else adaptors vs. mDP -> Something Else?

2. DFWHD macrumors regular

I'm currently using the Monoprice Mini DP to DVI connector on my 13" cMBP for about a month now and it works great. I had been using a Monoprice Mini DP to HDMI for a couple of weeks, however on my particular monitor (a 4 year old ViewSonic 1080p), the resolution appeared fuzzy. Tried the DVI and it was a drastic improvement. Given how inexpensive they are, get one of each and try them all, then return what you don't want. MP has a great return policy.

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

I have TB to HDMI, TB to DVI and TB to VGA from them, all work flawlessly.

Monoprice are usually great quality, they buy straight from the factories, no middle man, and pass the savings on to the customer. Since they don't slap a fancy brand name on their stuff, they lay off the markup a bit.