Monoprice screen protector

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Anti-Lucifer, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Anti-Lucifer macrumors 6502a

Here is the my monoprice screen protector for iPad 3. The quality of the screen protector is as good as the $30 protectors from Powersupport. Those who say what u pay for is what u get is correct for everything you buy. So for $1.27 each, they are as good as it gets.

Fitment is perfect but always up to the installer. You can't tell its even on and the surface friction is as smooth as glass can be. I would rank no protector surface feel is definitely better than using a protector but this protector quality is really good.

See the images for yourself. I took as good of pics as I can so u can see Fitment and clarity. It's really clear without any rainbow effects and it's really smooth to touch.

So if you are wondering if this screen protector from monoprice is as good as the power support I will tell you most definitely better because it's $1.27. I have power support for one of my three iPads. I have two iPad 2 and the new iPad 3. They are identical in quality.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bobright macrumors 601

The clarity is hard to see over a photo but the install and fit seems nice. I'm going to pick one up for the hell of it until I decide on the best case and/or combo screen protector for a long haul.

3. vistokid macrumors 6502

4. Anti-Lucifer thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry if the pics aren't good enough but they are full res so u can blow it up on imagshack and see more details

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10843&cs_id=1084310&p_id=8336&seq=1&format=2

----------

Well the shipping for me was like $6.80. So I ordered about 10 of these and a few 10ft iPhone/iPad cables, car 2.1A chargers, and also. A few poly-ipad2 cases. Shipped all for $6.80.

5. bobright macrumors 601

Are these wet or dry installs ?

6. Anti-Lucifer thread starter macrumors 6502a

Completely dry install in the living room. It's quite easy. Just use cleaning solution and then wipe clean with microfiber (yellow pack u get from Costco auto isle). Then blow top of screen free of dust with hair dryer or dust can. Then simply peel off side 1 then apply. If u have dust underneath simply use scotch tape and tap the underside or screen where dust is and it will lift off with scotch tape.

After that remove film 2 and your protector will be exposed.

7. doboy macrumors 68000

I just got 2 of these when I was ordering a case for my new iPad. I was going to use it on my iPad 2 before giving it to my wife. I wasn't planning on installing one on the new iPad, but thanks to your review I may also install it on the new iPad. Did you notice any reduction in clarity?

8. Anti-Lucifer thread starter macrumors 6502a

Zero reduction in clarity. The surface feel is very very smooth like on glass. Except the native screen with the coating feels better than any screen protector. I've been able to scratch my iPod touch (front glass) easily so I got scared since the iPad has 9.7" real estate. It's only $1.27 minus shipping so what's there to lose. I told myself not to pay power support $30 for their screen protector cause I also have it on my iPad 2 and let me just say th monoprice version is 99.9% identical both in fitment and quality.

9. doboy macrumors 68000

Cool! Thanks for the info.

10. kellte2, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012

kellte2 macrumors regular

11. wgr73 macrumors 6502a

wgr73

Would you say it crystal clear or matte? This is an awesome comparison to the PS film...as long as its crystal

12. wgr73 macrumors 6502a

wgr73

Just picked up 5 of these for $10 shipped! Let's see if the OP is right on with his review. I'll also post up pics and a review in this thread.

BTW, I just spent $30 on a PS film and $25 on a SGP for the wife and I :mad: If this monoprice film is just as good I'm going to be upset!! :eek::p Thanks OP

13. SoloStyle macrumors regular

I guess they are sol out of these now as the above links just redirect to their main site and when I spoke to customer service, they said they don't have any screen protectors available except the privacy finish.

:(

14. DaQuickPG macrumors member

15. SoloStyle macrumors regular

Grrr! :mad:

16. DaQuickPG macrumors member

Sorry i have to put it on 3 ipads and i know i will mess up a few in the process

17. SoloStyle macrumors regular

That's ok, hopefully they will restock soon. Let us know how the clarity and quality is!

18. Anti-Lucifer thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've had the previous versions mono price makes for the iPad 1 on my iPad 2's and it doesn't have a FaceTime camera punch out hole. This one does and this iPad 2 model screen protector actually is higher quality than the iPad 1 model! I also have the power support for my other iPad 2 ( I have three iPad 2's) and compared to the mono price one, it's the same quality and I can see no reason for myself to pay another $30 to cover my iPad 3.

They are definitely even better than the incipio smart feather case which comes with a screen protector as well!

19. bobright macrumors 601

wow

+1 for the monoprice screen protectors I nailed mine perfectly, cutouts are evenly balanced and not even the slightest of my screen is showing along either edge!! :)

The clarity on this thing is amazing, was going to use this a temporary as I'm looking to purchase a few cases before I shell out for a Power Support but this thing is a keeper. I have a PS on my iPad 2 and honestly this thing is just about identical, I can't really tell them apart. It also feels slick to the touch just like the PS Crystal.

20. fsolano macrumors member

Just put my screen protector from monochrome on my iPad and mine atleast mine DOES have rainbowing on it. However, it is a great screen protector for the price! Way better than buying 1 expensive protector for $20 bucks. I picked up 3. I managed to get the screen protector on pretty well with a few dust particles but Ill get them out later. It does have cutout for FaceTime camera. Don't let the rainbowing discourage you from picking it up. It still gives amazing screen clarity for the retina.

21. wgr73 macrumors 6502a

wgr73

Yup has rainbowing only when the screen is off. Once it's on it's crystal clear like my power support! Good find op

22. MortalDays macrumors regular

Another good alternative would be myGear within the low price range. It is also available on Amazon.

23. DaQuickPG macrumors member

I got mine, installed two out of two perfectly, no lint or bubbles. Excellent quality, highly recommend.

24. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

Anyone tried the matte version from monoprice? The glare on the naked screen is pretty bad.

25. SmittS macrumors regular

I had ordered the matte and installed on the new iPad the day I got it. Looked awful. Not PS quality at all. I learned no one does anti glare like PS. I've wasted enough money trying to cheap out on other AG protectors for my phone and iPad. Now my iPhone has the PS AG. I did order the clear protector from Monoprice. As much as I like PS AG, I can't justify the price for one film for the iPad, that I can easily mess up.