Monoprice USB and Displayport adapter.... can't get it to work!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by virilep, Oct 11, 2009.

1. virilep macrumors member

I get a red flicker light on the cable. It's annoying there is no user manual and there isn't much that I could google on it.

anyone?

thanks!!!!

2. Relznuk macrumors 6502

Relznuk

I can help. Are you getting neither video nor audio? Do you have both USB and MDP connected to your mac? Have other HDMI devices worked on your TV?

Details, please.

3. virilep thread starter macrumors member

Awesome. I'm connecting to a Hitachi Ultravision 50VG825 TV. Input 1 of the HDMI (this isn't being recognized when I plug in the computer). I have both of the combined plugs in - MDP and USB. This is actually the first HDMI device I've ever tried.

I can try whatever display settings.

Thank you so much ahead of time.

4. Relznuk macrumors 6502

Relznuk

Plug both parts of the adapter - both mini displayport AND usb into your Macbook Pro. Connect the adapter to the HDMI cable, and connect the HDMI cable to your TV. There there should be an "input" or "source" button on your TV remote. Press this button until your MacbookPro's screen shows up on your television.

Presto.

This may simply be an issue with learning how to use HDMI devices on your television.

5. virilep thread starter macrumors member

haha,

thanks! ... but I definitely did this. I wish it was easier plug and play. I have advanced knowledge of technical issues.... but this is a first for me.