Monowear watch bands really pretty

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Wildgift, Apr 12, 2015.

1. macness macrumors 6502a

macness

2. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

I agree. Will keep my eye on them and see how it pans out over the next few months

3. Wildgift thread starter macrumors 6502

I backed them. I like Kickstarter and these are beautiful items and reasonably priced.

4. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

This makes me really excited! There are going to be TONS of different bands coming out over the next 6 months! can't wait to see whats in the works. Glad I didn't spend $400+ on the link bracelet just yet.

5. arminta7 macrumors regular

arminta7

6. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

These look pretty good for the price. Might actually back this one myself. Thanks for sharing the link.

7. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

8. natallica macrumors 6502

No, I want the red leather!!! ;)

Backed as well.

9. Wildgift thread starter macrumors 6502

You bet. I agree that there will be a plethora of options. This one looks good, and I like backing small startups.

10. natallica macrumors 6502

Really? The sizes they list are the length of the band not including the size of the watch making them about the same max length as the Apple bands.

11. JLEW700 macrumors 6502

Ive never backed a kickstarter project before. I get the general idea but how does is work? If I pledge and receive the end product and decide I dont like it am I able to get my pledge back, or how does that work?

12. Wildgift thread starter macrumors 6502

No--it's not like a store. You are all in once the deadline expires. They take your payment and you wait and hope that you get your goods. I've done 3, and so far so good, but there are many that have been less successful. Do homework to be sure it's a good fit for you.

13. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Ahh ok. I missed the +39mm for the 42mm watch. I was wondering why they were so small.

14. leesweet macrumors demi-god

leesweet

And for those of us with small wrists (150 or so here...), eh. :) I took a look and liked, but nothing goes down that far.

Perennial issue with many bands, of course; one reason I like the Milanese and others from Apple.

15. JLEW700 macrumors 6502

So if we get the product and it doesn't work with the apple configuration were just out the money we pledged? I might just wait til they get an estore

16. DarkJaye macrumors member

You really need to think of it like a donation. Once your money is taken, it's taken for good. You may or may not get the product, and it may or may not work like you expect it to.

17. joeptp macrumors member

I have seen some scammed Kickstarters. Not saying this would be a scam, but would just be cautious. No guarantee on anything. How can they be sure their bands will properly fit the Apple Watch?

18. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

So, there are several possible answers to this valid question.

1. They can't and they won't
    2. They will delay production until they can get a genuine watch for measurements and finalization of design
    3. They, like many Chinese case manufacturers, have managed to get a hold of Apple Watch schematics in some unscrupulous manner.

This covers the majority of approaches for these projects.

19. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

THIS. Everyone looking at all these kickstarter accessories needs to remember this. I've donated to quite a few projects that never saw the light of day, and the money is just gone now.

20. natallica macrumors 6502

I guess I must have great luck. I've backed 10 Kickstarter projects and they've all delivered.

21. nasa25 macrumors 65816

Word up. I'm in the market to procure a red leather and red rubber band for my sport

22. odds macrumors 6502

I see that their "adapters" are all made out of stainless steel. Don't we know now that keeping stainless steel and aluminum side-by-side is a no-no?!

23. Esoom macrumors 6502

Esoom

I backed them some time ago, getting 2 bands, the milanese and the link.