Monster.com says my attached file has a virus?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by RichP, Jun 5, 2007.

1. RichP macrumors 68000

RichP

I submitted my resume on monster.com today, and I received an email from them stating the attached file (a word document created in Office 2004) has a virus in it.

I did some searching, and found out about macro viruses in office files. I opened the file and looked to see if there were any macros that looked out of place, and there were no macros at all for the file I sent them (showing all macros revealed only a few basic ones created by me)

Any suggestions? Is that the way to search for a macro virus?

edit: I also moved the file over to my windows partition in bootcamp, and ran Norton on it, and it came back clean.

2. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

It could be that the mere existence of macros triggered Monster's filters. Just out of curiosity, why would any macros be necessary in a resume' created in Word?

3. RichP thread starter macrumors 68000

RichP

There are no macros on the resume file.

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Any reason you don't just want to print to PDF and submit that?

B

5. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Oh. Your OP gave me the impression that the only macros were ones created by you. Sounded like you had embedded some in the file you submitted.

I guess those were not part of that file, then, right?

6. RichP thread starter macrumors 68000

RichP

It only accepts Word files.

Correct. There were no embedded Macros in the document in question. In addition, there are no "unauthorized" Macros in my installation of Word (as far as I can tell)

Eh, I have no idea, although oddly the document, formatted correctly, appears on their site. Guess it doesnt really matter.