Monster iClarity HD

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Resist, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Resist macrumors 68030

I am considering this device as the reviews all seem very positive. But I'm not a fan of the silver color and noticed that Monster all has another version called the Clarity HD. From what I can tell it will also work with the iPhone and is the same price, best of all the color is much better in black. Just not sure what the differences between the 2 devices are, other than the color.

Anyone using it?

2. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Apparently the black version has an extra button, that is useless for an iPhone.

3. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Just picked one of these devices up and really like it so far! It works great with my Police/Fire scanner apps and Internet radio apps on my iPhone 4. I even used it with my iPad running the Slingbox app, had really nice sound quality.

Who would have thought such a small box would have such great sound, well done Monster!

4. bcp23 macrumors member

Is the Clarity HD the same as the iClarity HD besides the color and extra button? Just wondering because the Claity HD is cheaper on Amazon than the iClarity HD.

5. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Yes, that is the only difference.

The Clarity HD is less expensive right now on Amazon. Amazon prices change just about weekly, so check back with them often. Better yet, create a www.camelcamelcamel.com reminder to alert you of the price changes.

6. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

7. bcp23 macrumors member

Thanks for the recommendation. I love this product too. Perfect for traveling and the sound is very good for the size, enough to fill a small room. I think I saw your review for the black Clarity HD on Amazon. This is the one I picked up.

Was suprised to find out the button that wasn't supposed to work with the iphone 4 to skip tracks worked! I guess the bluetooth controls was added to the latest iOS update. Made a good product even better.

8. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

You're right, thanks for the info!