Monster iphone charger case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by opticalserenity, Aug 27, 2009.

1. opticalserenity macrumors 6502a

I see best buy has this for $59. Anyone have experience with it?

2. mhn1234 macrumors newbie

i have one - it works great - its a little bulky but thats because of the built in battery

3. mhn1234 macrumors newbie

forgot to mention - its easy to get the phone into the case - but can be a little difficult to get it out although so far it hasn't harmed the phone

you can charge the phone in the case with the included cable - but you cant sync it without removing it since the port at the bottom plugs into the battery and you have to take the phone out to connect it to your computer

4. HowEver macrumors 6502a

HowEver

On principle, I won't buy anything "Monster" from Best Buy.

The cables cost 1/20th from monoprice.com.

5. opticalserenity thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm with you all the way, but this isn't a cable.

6. hchavarria macrumors 6502

I just bought one of these today. I used to have the incase extended batter but it was way bulkier then this monster one and whenever I plugged it in it would decrease my phone's reception signal. I will give this puppy a try for a couple of days to test it and see how it goes. What I don't like is that you have to remove it from the case to sync. I have also always tried to stay away from the covers with flaps like this one but since I need the extra juice I though I would give it a go. The last item I don't like is that the belt clip is not removable.

7. mrpacman macrumors newbie

mrpacman

Mrpacman

I have purchased the monster brand charger case for 2 weeks now for $31.00 on clearance from bestbuy and it has improved my signal but i don't like how insecure the velcro clasp doesn't hold the cover closed any remarks from you good folks on this problem or maybe you have a solution.