Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ERIC273

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 31, 2009
NJ
IMG_1359.jpg

Bought beats last week, paints coming off! Do you think Monster will fix?

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
I have the Tour In-Ear Beats and it's been working great for me. It's the best sounding that I've tried and I have tried a lot. Fits perfectly in my ear, the angled cord, and the tangle-free flat cable are great features. I can't wear headphones, so those are out of the question. Anyway, if you just bought it last week, why not just exchange it? Maybe you just got a bad one. They do come with a year warranty.

iKIKO

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2011
i have mine since las june, and they are in mint condition. theyre the black ones. also theyre are the real ones. not fakes. are you sure youres are real? i've seen manh fakes and trust me they looked very real.

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
i have mine since las june, and they are in mint condition. theyre the black ones. also theyre are the real ones. not fakes. are you sure youres are real? i've seen manh fakes and trust me they looked very real.

This is true, there are a bunch of fake ones being sold. I remember that this guy at Best Buy was exchanging his and they did a thorough check to make sure that his was authentic. One of the signs that it's authentic (at least for my model) is the "b" on the earphone is etched in but fake ones just have it printed.

ERIC273

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 31, 2009
NJ
They ARE real, I checked the SN on the website, Why would Bestbuy in NY sell a fake pair of beats?

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
They ARE real, I checked the SN on the website, Why would Bestbuy in NY sell a fake pair of beats?

It's hard to know why, they look almost the same (the boxes). They may be switched during distribution, etc. Or switched during a return/exchange if not looked carefully. Same thing applies for items bought at online retailers.

UltraZ33

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
The green ones are official monster headphones. The color is a limited edition released to Best buy.

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
Bought beats last week, paints coming off! Do you think Monster will fix?

What difference does it make what anyone here tells you? You could've gotten an official answer by calling bestbuy for the time you made this thread :confused:

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
when did a little missing paint become cause for a freakin repair?

will monster fix what? nothing's broken. it's called wear and tear.

kids these days and their precious mass produced trinkets...

ERIC273

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 31, 2009
NJ
when did a little missing paint become cause for a freakin repair?

will monster fix what? nothing's broken. it's called wear and tear.

kids these days and their precious mass produced trinkets...

Look at it from my Stand Point, I bought these with my OWN money, less than 6 days ago for $299! Be logical, If I am paying $299 for headphones, I am going to get upset if the paint comes off!

I took them to best buy and they gave me brand new ones ! I inspected them and if anything else happens, it is my fault because these are perfect!

----------

I can't find green Studios on the Monster site anywhere.

Found em, never mind.

Just exchange them, why not.

They didn't technically come out yet, Best Buy got them early! :cool:

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
Also, it just may mean that certain item is defective or a certain lot is. When I bought my iPhone Tour Beats, BestBuy ($169) also, one of the earphones went out just several days after I bought it. I returned it, notified them of the actual defect and I received a brand new one. I've had for at least 6 months with no problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.