Montblanc set to challenge in the smart watch space

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I'm a fan of Mont Blanc. Reading the specifications, it's loaded. However, it appears it's exclusive to Mont Blanc stores only. The base model starts at $930.00 ($890.00 for base Stainless)and additional bands start are $100.00, not cheap, but expected with the name.

I wonder if they will expand beyond their own Stores to gain traction.

Kyle76

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 22, 2017
North Carolina
Competition is a positive. I'm still amazed that a rectangular watch case has no rectangular analog dial options unless you pay exorbitantly for the Hermès model. Montblanc has created a very attractive dial that fits the case shape.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Competition is a positive. I'm still amazed that a rectangular watch case has no rectangular analog dial options unless you pay exorbitantly for the Hermès model. Montblanc has created a very attractive dial that fits the case shape.
I don't really find this Watch to be competitive if it's strictly exclusive in Store only to Mont Blanc. I think in order to compete, Mont Blanc would need to expand beyond its current position, such as Apple, Samsung and Fitbit in Store and online. And at 46 MM, it's fairly large, aside from the steep price point.

I would however, like to see one in person and there is no doubt it is built well.

Last edited:

Thai

Suspended
Feb 2, 2016
Colorado
Size and Android Wear 2.0 are dead on arrival. Oh yeah, no NFC!

My brother has Wear 2.0 on his LG...not a good experience and kills battery. Look at how many core OEMs are now jumping ship from Android Wear!! Huawei CEO has no clue what Android Wear is for....