Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaveFromCampbelltown

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 24, 2020
Ok, I have found a couple of things that don't quite work with Monterey 12.3 ßeta
  1. LibreOffice 7.3 breaks with Monterey 12.3 ß2 (21E5206e). It crashes randomly after a few minutes. The fix is to upgrade to 12.3 ß3 (21E5212f) or use LibreOffice 7.2 or run 7.3 under 12.2.
  2. MDS (used to download the latest versions of System Installer) doesn't work in 12.3. At all. Until an upgrade is made the only solution is to use Monterey 12.2 or earlier.

Reactions: gilby101 and pshufd

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
Ok, I have found a couple of things that don't quite work with Monterey 12.3 ßeta
  1. LibreOffice 7.3 breaks with Monterey 12.3 ß2 (21E5206e). It crashes randomly after a few minutes. The fix is to upgrade to 12.3 ß3 (21E5212f) or use LibreOffice 7.2 or run 7.3 under 12.2.
  2. MDS (used to download the latest versions of System Installer) doesn't work in 12.3. At all. Until an upgrade is made the only solution is to use Monterey 12.2 or earlier.
I found LibreOffice 7.3.0.3 way slower in launch to open welcome dialog time then previous 7.2.5.2 for the ARM64 MacOS release which happen in a second or two, Its just lacking optimization of build components. Running this on a M1 24" iMac and 16" M1 Max MBP with beta 3.

idark77

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2014
I found also another bug:
  • click on Apple icon (top left corner)
  • click on “About This Mac”
  • click on “System Report”
  • System information Window appears
  • System information menus missing from Menu Bar
If I open System Information app the menus appear in Menu Bar correctly…

Please can anybody try and let me know?

Reactions: ghost82

balupton

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2013
Can no longer open 1Password.

CleanShot 2022-03-15 at 06.20.07@2x.png
Apple Pay syncing with other devices has been cleared, and fails to add new cards.

CleanShot 2022-03-15 at 06.20.27@2x.png

Internet wasn't working for the first 30 minutes, after some fiddling it resolved itself.

Bazza1

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2017
Toronto, Canada
12.3 (March 14 release) on a 2017 Mac Air:

I seemed to have gained 8GB of storage with this update - so I await with bated breath to discover what no longer works. :rolleyes:?

In the meantime, opening Mac Mail remains g-l-a-c-i-a-l - as it has with every version of Monterey on this machine. No change there.

Reactions: gardencitynick

harriska2

macrumors 68000
Mar 16, 2011
Oregon
12.3 (March 14 release) on a 2017 Mac Air:

I seemed to have gained 8GB of storage with this update - so I await with bated breath to discover what no longer works. :rolleyes:?

In the meantime, opening Mac Mail remains g-l-a-c-i-a-l - as it has with every version of Monterey on this machine. No change there.
Weird. My Intel 2018 mini running Apple mail is just as fast on Monterey 12.2 and 12.3 as it was on Mojave.

• Sad
Reactions: Bazza1

peccles

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2003
San Diego
Private Relay stopped working "Some of your system settings prevent Private Relay from working." "Your system has extensions or settings installed that are incompatible with Private Relay." Clicking the "Learn more ..." does not provide any insight. It worked with VPN before and I turned it off, rebooted, and still the same issue. You would think it could give me at least a hint on the incompatibilities.

gs02

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2021
In Safari, go to Favourites or List. The two-finger back gesture on the trackpad no longer works there. You can no longer get to the home screen in Safari.

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
USA
I found also another bug:
  • click on Apple icon (top left corner)
  • click on “About This Mac”
  • click on “System Report”
  • System information Window appears
  • System information menus missing from Menu Bar
If I open System Information app the menus appear in Menu Bar correctly…

Please can anybody try and let me know?
Can confirm the same thing happens for me. When opening System Report via the About window, it does not properly populate the menu bar. I have to COMMAND+TAB to the other application I am running, then COMMAND+TAB back to System Report, then the menu bar shows the proper configuration.

Will report this via Feedback.

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
Neither Logic nor Garage Band allow me to manage my sound library anymore. The only option is Reinstall Sound Library, even after doing so.

Idgit

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2004
Did anyone else lose the share to Mail option (via the Share icon) in Preview?

Artiste212

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
Private Relay stopped working "Some of your system settings prevent Private Relay from working." "Your system has extensions or settings installed that are incompatible with Private Relay." Clicking the "Learn more ..." does not provide any insight. It worked with VPN before and I turned it off, rebooted, and still the same issue. You would think it could give me at least a hint on the incompatibilities.
I had the same error message and found it equally frustrating. I had been using Cloudflare Warp, which is somewhat similar to a VPN in that it uses encrypted DNS searches. I disabled it (closed the app and also prevented startup at login), then had to completely restart — loggin off was not enough — and finally Private Relay worked again. I reopend the Cloudflare app just to see — and had to repeat the whole process to get Private Relay working again.

You may not be using Cloudflare, but maybe you're using a Profile, or a VPN is stil installed (check System Prefs). Also, I've heard that Application Firewalls can do the same thing. If you want Private Relay, you'll need to clean all of these things out thoroughly and then reboot.

Reactions: tutti_frutti

BlueMacawBird

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2019
Washington, D.C. USA
I've been reading that some MacBook Pros are bricked by this update. Supposedly the affected machines have had their logic boards replaced at some point. Only MacBook Pros have been mentioned in the articles I've read, but I'm concerned because my M1 Mac mini had a logic board replaced and would possibly be subject to this problem.

Has anyone run the update on a machine that has had a logic board replaced? If so did you have any problems?

Thanks,

John

tutti_frutti

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2022
I had the same error message and found it equally frustrating. I had been using Cloudflare Warp, which is somewhat similar to a VPN in that it uses encrypted DNS searches. I disabled it (closed the app and also prevented startup at login), then had to completely restart — loggin off was not enough — and finally Private Relay worked again. I reopend the Cloudflare app just to see — and had to repeat the whole process to get Private Relay working again.

You may not be using Cloudflare, but maybe you're using a Profile, or a VPN is stil installed (check System Prefs). Also, I've heard that Application Firewalls can do the same thing. If you want Private Relay, you'll need to clean all of these things out thoroughly and then reboot.
Was also running into iCloud Private Relay being incompatible with system settings. Stopping CloudFlare Warp, disabling its launch at startup, and restarting the computer made Private Relay work. Thanks!

Reactions: Artiste212

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Neither Logic nor Garage Band allow me to manage my sound library anymore. The only option is Reinstall Sound Library, even after doing so.
what can't you do? working fine here in logic pro. is your library on the internal drive, or an external?

also, 1 password 7 is working. as suggested: try updating the app or re-installing. or try rebooting..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.