montevina in the macbook? When do you think?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BowZinger, Jan 9, 2008.

1. BowZinger macrumors member

Hey all, as some of you may have seen from some of my posts here I am going to college next summer and I am planning on getting MBP for school. I know that this is a bit overkill for school but it is something that I want to get. Anyways,

Apple is hopefully putting new processors into the MBP at MWSF but in May (I think) Intel is to come out with the new Montevina Platform so my Question is this, if Intel releases that platform around May then :apple: should introduce a redesign of the MBP that would allow use of this platform. What is the likely hood of this happening? I know that it would be all speculation but with the advancements that Montevina is supposed to bring to the party (WiMAX and support for DDR3 RAM) and I believe I read somewhere something about USB3.0 and Montevina (maybe I was wrong) Anyways, instead of purchasing a computer now (even though I want one) I am prepared to wait until closer to September to pick up a new computer. Do you think that apple will get the Montevina platform into a MBP by September? I know that since the MBP sees to get updated about every 6 months then I guess they should introduce a new version sometime around July (if they go with the whole 6 month thing). Then I suppose thats when they would introduce a MBP with a Montevina upgrade!

Thoughts?

2. djejrejk macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

Usually apple does not update notebooks immediately as new processors become available.... see santa rosa mbp. But it could happen. Bottom line is that the MBP's that will most likely be introduced at MWSF will be very fast.

..but I'm sure that If you wait until sept, Apple will have updated the MBP again.