Montevina MBP WWDC Release After All?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kingshrubb, May 28, 2008.

  1. kingshrubb macrumors regular


    Mar 3, 2008

    Read post #20 of the link above.

    Is this true? I'm entering college and have been wanting to get rid of my TANK of a Dell XPS asap. I was really looking forward to a MBP release soon.
  2. sbf74 macrumors member

    Apr 28, 2008
    I guess we'll just have to wait and see....
    I'd love an updated MBP too :)
  3. CWallace macrumors 603


    Aug 17, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    I'd be happy with the current stuff in a new package, if that package is better.
  4. lazydesi macrumors 6502

    Oct 30, 2006
    Gr8 Adelaide
    I will totally agree with him, because we are talking about MBP not MB.

    if, it is MB case it will be different as MB uses X3100 (intel GPU) and the current had problem with GPU, seems some delay in MB's not MBP
  5. Rivix macrumors 6502a


    Oct 13, 2005
    Make it so, number one. :D

    I always expected that Apple would have some sort of special deal with Intel.
  6. skinaked2 macrumors newbie

    May 28, 2008
    i hope that happens in june, i would love it, i am sick of waiting for my pro for college, but if they do switch platforms, does anyone know what the 15" processor speed would be? would it be 2.66? like the imacs, or what?
  7. masse macrumors 6502a


    May 4, 2007
    It's not that the chipset won't be ready for release, its that the centrino 2 platform won't be...but Apple doesn't use the centrino platform so booyeah.

    But as long as I have it by august I'm good.
  8. valdore macrumors 65816


    Jan 9, 2007
    Kansas City, Missouri. USA
    Hot damn, a form factor evolution! w00t! I'll be whippin' out the credit card sometime in the next year.
  9. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

    Feb 11, 2008
    I like your thinking. WWDC is only a couple of weeks away.
  10. Tunez macrumors newbie

    May 12, 2008
    This looks promising, one thing i dont fully understand is 'The other was a clerical error on Intel's part when filing certification paperwork for the chipset's wi-fi component, which has delayed FCC approval.'

    Does the whole montevina platform need fcc ( whatever that is lol) approval (therefore delaying the whole thing) or just the wi-fi chipset?

    Also, is it likely that intel would release montevina to just apple and not the other competitors? Companies like Dell would surely cause a fuss over this...

    But... i am new to this and am just as keen to get a MPB asap ass everyone else.
  11. wgilles macrumors 6502


    Feb 21, 2008
    I dunno, to me it seems like Apple is content with the silver aluminum look for now. I mean, the MBA looks just like a MBP but thinner...the only difference is the keyboard really.
  12. MattZani macrumors 68030


    Apr 20, 2008
    Damn! Looks like i will be waiting for WWDC after all! Iwas all ready to go and pick one up on Saturday too.

    Ohwell, 2 weeks is nothing....
  13. m1stake macrumors 68000

    Jan 17, 2008
    I heard one of them is faster, but which one?? :rolleyes:
  14. Mackan macrumors 65816

    Sep 16, 2007
    Like others have pointed out, the MBP doesn't use integrated graphics, and Apple so far uses non intel wi-fi cards. So there is a chance they aren't directly affected by this delay from Intel. We may see new MBP's with updated CPU's and a new GPU at early June (June 3 maybe) if we are lucky. I am assuming the new CPU's are available without problems though.

Share This Page