Monthly Cost... Please Help.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrobison, Jun 13, 2009.

1. mrobison macrumors member

So, I have unlimited data from when I had my original Gen 1 8Gb iPhone. How is my monthly bill going to change when I buy the the 3G S? I would think it would bump up $10, same way last summer's 3G did. I've waited this long for an upgrade, and any insight would be greatly appreciated.

2. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

3. AmpCoder macrumors 6502

Yes, your iPhone data plan will change from $20/month to $30/month.

4. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

New phone - new rules. You're going to be on the hook for the data plan on upgrading.

5. mrobison thread starter macrumors member

Gotcha. I figured that was it, and I'm fine with paying another 10 a month, but on Apple's website it's really vague about what's going on on the data plan page. It says I need the $30/month data package like I've mentioned, but does that automatically cancel the $20 I already have? And does my family plan's unlimited text remain the same? Thanks again.

6. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

The data package is really all that is affected by the iPhone. Your texts should be fine. The reason Apples website is so vague is because they provide the product, not the service. Check with your provider.

7. AmpCoder macrumors 6502

Yes, your $20/month iPhone Data plan will be removed and replaced with the $30/month iPhone Data plan. Your FamilyTalk Unlimited Text Messaging plan will remain the same.