Monthly iPhoto photostreams not being created

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rcappo, May 21, 2013.

1. rcappo macrumors regular

Hi,

My sister would like to have all of the photos she takes with the iPhone 5 to appear in iPhoto in a monthly photostream event. My MacBook does this and her's did, but I'm not sure what settings got changed to stop her's from doing it anymore.

I'm not around there to troubleshoot it physically, so that is why it is a little harder to figure out.

She said that both the laptop and iPhone are on the same wifi access point. And the pictures are showing up in the iPhone photostream. I have to plug my iPhone into my MacBook and sync it to get mine to work, maybe I should ask if she has tried that yet. Or did some iCloud settings get changed on the MacBook?

2. rcappo thread starter macrumors regular

I got some more information. It turns out that the 'events' are being created each month, it's just that all of the pictures aren't making it into the monthly folder.

I'm not sure if she is sync'ing them or just using wifi to transfer them behind the scenes without doing anything (iCloud).

3. Damers macrumors regular

Hate to bring this up from the dead but has anyone else experienced this lately? Photos from my iPhone stopped syncing to iPhoto on my macbook about 3 weeks ago.

4. bankshot macrumors 65816

bankshot

I usually leave iPhoto open all of the time, and it seems like every few weeks it stops getting new photos from the photo stream. A simple quit and restart of the application fixes it for me.

Back when the photo stream feature was first introduced, it was a lot more problematic. Usually I had to go to System Preferences and either sign out of iCloud and back in, or stop and restart the photo stream service from there.

Hopefully this works for you.