Monthly payments of Apple care plus ?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Closingracer, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Closingracer macrumors 68040

So let’s say in 4 months I break the screen . Then say in another 7 months I break it again does that mean if I stop paying for it then I only spent $3.99 for 11 months of it vs 24 months of it ? Just curious how this works exactly.

[​IMG]

2. Banglazed macrumors demi-god

Banglazed

Just think of it as a subscription. Each repair will cost you a duductibe + monthly payment. As soon as you cancel your monthly, your AppleCare ends and can’t be reactivated after. It shows you a breakdown for monthly payment up to total $69-79 / 24 months = monthly payment.

3. Closingracer thread starter macrumors 68040

So in my hypothetical situation I would only pay $43.89 plus tax for Apple care plus without including the deductibles. Since you only have 2 coverages on it.

4. DesertSilver macrumors 6502

I’ve been wondering the same thing and asked similar question on another thread without a response.

I looked over the terms and didn’t see anything about not being able to cancel even after using incidents. And obviously wouldn’t make sense to choose to continue paying after using the 2 incident max. I would really hope Apple doesn’t even allow you to continue making monthly payments at that point but who knows.

5. Closingracer thread starter macrumors 68040

I’m looking at the wording and it seems different for this plan vs the $79 one.

The first photo is the new one that I’m talking about for the series 4 and the second is a photo for the one I have with my series 2 that I paid for in full

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. DesertSilver macrumors 6502

Well both plans do mention "up to" 2 years of coverage and both are valid for up to 2 incidents. But I'm still not finding anything that prevents the cancellation of the monthly plan after 1 or 2 incidents are used, even if it's shortly after the plan started.

As far as the math goes, it only makes sense to me to go with the full payment plan if you're betting on having one or both incidents remaining to cover you between months 21 - 24, which is a relatively short amount of time. Unless there's some other advantage to the full payment plan that we're missing.

7. Closingracer thread starter macrumors 68040

The $15 some odd increase is worth it to me to not spend $79 out of pocket now