Montreal anyone?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by eclipse525, Oct 5, 2007.

1. eclipse525 macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

Hey everyone!

My girlfriend and I are heading up to Montreal next month for a long weekend. Can anyone recommend must see sights/hotels that we should put on the list? I know she's gonna love "Old Montreal" area, so that's on it for sure. Thanks in advance!

~e

2. Vuzie macrumors regular

Vuzie

Club SuperSexe if only to gawk at the awesomely campy sign out front. And whatever you do, stay away from the poutine. I don't care how good it is, it's just scary. My heart momentarily stopped just thinking about it.

3. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

My girlfriend and I will be going in an hour or so. It's long weekend here in Canada. We'll be staying at the W hotel. I'll let you know where we went on Tuesday. :)

4. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

5. OttawaGuy macrumors 6502a

OttawaGuy

6. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Whatever, don't listen to him. Poutine is good for you. Well ok, it isn't, but you can't go to Quebec without trying it. It keeps you warm in the winter!

7. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I will be heading out to Montreal in April. I am also interested in fun things to do. I will be out there for a little over a week with no work to be done.

8. Vuzie macrumors regular

Vuzie

Ok, fine, try it, but only in SMALL doses if you ever want to enjoy travelling again. More if you are some world class athlete, have the metabolism of a jack-rabbit, or want to help you cardiologist build his winter retreat in Fiji. :p

9. OttawaGuy macrumors 6502a

OttawaGuy

10. DJMastaWes macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

Well - if you've never eaten a poutine, you have to try it once!

St Cathrine and Sherbrooke are both great streets for shopping and stuff.

11. Vuzie macrumors regular

Vuzie

Oh.. I just remembered... I can't belive I forgot this.. Notre Dame Basillica used to have a light show. It's a really pretty place to visit, even if you're not into religious stuff...

12. eclipse525 thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

As far as the Poutine, it looks tempting but I might just pass. I use to have a variant of that back here in NY during my club days! We'd find the nearest Diner at 5AM and order a large plate of Cheese Fries w/Gravy. The fact that I still have a healthy heart is amazing. LOL!

Notre Dame Basillica sounds like nice place to see.

Bagels. St. Viateur? Are they that good? ;-)

St Cathrine and Sherbrooke are good suggestions but I heard that Crescent St. or St. Laurent have a better vibe. Less touristy. Is this true?

These are places that others have mentioned, tell me if they are worth it? Montreal Biodôme, Le Parc Olympique, Botanical Gardens, Mont Royal, Schwartz's, Plateau Mont Royal, Musée D'art Contemporain De Montréal, Downtown, Santropol, Café L'Utopik,Bonaparte

13. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I have a friend that lives in that neighborhood. I'd recommend walking through that neighborhood/McGill ghetto (isn't a ghetto, don't worry) to check out all of the really cool buildings.

14. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Looking at all those names for places makes me wonder, is Montreal the Paris of the Americas?

LOL

15. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

'way