'Monument Valley 2' Launches Exclusively on the iOS App Store

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 5, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Amid a day of new hardware and software reveals from Apple, the company also announced the launch of Monument Valley 2, which is out now exclusively on the iOS App Store for $4.99 [Direct Link]. Released by ustwo Games, Monument Valley 2 is the sequel to the popular 2014 iOS game Monument Valley, which tasked players with navigating a princess through a series of increasingly difficult optical illusion mazes.

[​IMG]

According to the developer, Monument Valley 2 follows in its predecessor's footsteps with all-new levels that are "filled with illusory, meditative puzzles," but this time players are guiding a mother, named Ro, and her child through the game's puzzles. Ustwo Games notes that knowledge of the original game isn't needed to enjoy the sequel, but the two games are set in the same universe.
    The game's major features include:
    A standalone adventure - A completely new story from the Monument Valley universe. You don't need to have previously played Monument Valley to enjoy Monument Valley 2.
    Individually crafted puzzles - Enjoy beautiful levels filled with illusory, meditative puzzles, using brand new interactions to explore the changing dynamics between characters.
    Contemporary visuals - Artwork inspired by an eclectic mixture of architectural styles, artistic movements and personal influences, each translated into stunning geometric structures.
    Beautiful audio - Immerse yourself in uniquely melodic interactive soundscapes, tailored perfectly to every step of Ro and her child's journey.
    Monument Valley 2 is available to download now on the iOS App Store for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices running iOS 9 or later, and costs $4.99. [Direct Link]

Article Link: 'Monument Valley 2' Launches Exclusively on the iOS App Store

2. volcomvenom macrumors 65816

volcomvenom

Could I download the app store on my android phone?

3. FluffyJr macrumors newbie

Already bought it. Got the first one for free on both iOS and Android (with Amazon Underground) and it was awesome. :)

4. bluespider macrumors 6502

bluespider

beautiful and fun game... twice the fun this time around

5. Col4bin macrumors 68000

Col4bin

Amazing game. First one had me by the cojones until I could beat every level. Downloading the new one now...

6. Rigby macrumors 68040

Instant buy. These guys deserve every penny (and kudos to them for resisting the freemium temptation).

7. Seoras macrumors regular

Seoras

I don't play games. This is the exception. It's just beautiful and mesmerising.
    Reminds me a little bit of the psychedelic 60's and films like "Yellow Submarine"

8. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

Is this the sequel to the game featured in House of Cards?

9. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Your awesome and amazing icon totally makes up for that dunderhead comment. :)

10. dmaxdmax macrumors 6502

dmaxdmax

Favorite game of the last 10 years. Would love #2 on AppleTV!

11. macTW macrumors 6502a

Never liked the game. Tried to though. Animations are too slow and can't be skipped - sometimes I just want puzzles, not 20 seconds of animation to tel me what I already know, that I finished the puzzle.

12. X38 macrumors 6502

Yes. On your android phone, open your favorite web browser and go to this link:
    https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-7
    Purchase one of the devices at that link. It will come with the App Store already installed. Open it on that device and then open an App Store account and you will be able to download any apps from the store to the device that you purchased from the above link.

13. groovyf macrumors 6502

Searched the App Store and bought the game as soon as I saw it appear on the keynote...

14. dmaxdmax macrumors 6502

dmaxdmax

15. ghostface147 macrumors 68010

ghostface147

Beat it last night. I think the first one was harder towards the end.

16. selfsilent macrumors regular

Too easy, nothing really new, too expensive and too short.
    2 years after the 1st excellent game, I was expecting something much better.

I didn't get stuck at all, didn't have to think much and was completed in an hour.
    The crow people didn't even make a comeback.

I think the phoned it in because they knew it would sell because of the strength of the 1st game.

17. volcomvenom macrumors 65816

volcomvenom

Obviously I was joking, but duly noted.