Moodle on a Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hogmog, Apr 19, 2007.

1. hogmog macrumors member

I am in the process of putting together a research project looking at virtual learning technologies. Part of the research will look at the virtual learning environment (VLE). As this research will be done on a shoe string budget the VLE will be Moodle (the opensource VLE software) and the hardware is likely to be a Mac (or two) of some sort (will be using my own kit - like many other people find out, when it comes to experimenting with IT at work the IT department automatically say no to everything). Has anybody tried installing and running Moodle on a Mac (either as a conventional desktop/laptop client/server setup or in pure server form on an XServe? Would be interested in hearing about installation, maintenance/upgrade, uploading and fiddling with learning materials, ease of use etc stories.

It would also be interesting to hear experiences from anybody who might have installed and run Moodle through a third party hosting service like 1&1 (based in Europe).

Many thanks in advance for your thoughts and contributions.

2. shwc macrumors regular

installed on a G4 just fine

I installed Moodle on a g4 powerbook (12"), 1.33 GHz, 1.25 GB RAM.
    Installation was easy as I remember. I played around with moodle a bit, but never had time to implement anything. No plans to at the moment either. Moodle looked like a good package, however.

3. hogmog thread starter macrumors member

Encouraging feedback

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds as though will be able to use my PB g4 for demo purposes.