"Moon" movie trailer

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Abstract, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Trailer (even in HD)

I don't really chase after movie trailers, or know what's going on in the movie world, but this looks absolutely incredible.

Anyway.....that's all I had to share. Anyone else agree with me regarding the trailer?

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Yeah, looks cool. It is actually out already on limited release. Gets good reviews on RT.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

What else should we expect from the offspring of David Hayward-Jones. I hadn't seen the trailer until this post and now I'm all excited, like.

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

1080p trailer and even a clip from the movie here at Apple's movie trailer site.

5. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

I live in Los Angeles, so I got to see this on release night. I was really impressed, I like the movie a lot.

I agree though, the trailer is absolutely fantastic.

6. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

The trailer is great. Unfortunately, the movie is not.

The "twist" is given away too early in the movie, so for the second half of it you're sitting there in the theatre wondering why you should care about anything happening on screen. On top of that, it wasn't a very good "twist" either. Too convoluted. Very little character continuity (Gerty, the computer, makes a complete 180 in terms of character with no explanation).

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Watched the trailer last night on Front Row, and it looks ok, if slightly reminiscent of 2001. I'm really looking forward to 2012 that is coming out in November.

8. InvalidUserID macrumors 6502a

InvalidUserID

I saw it a week or two ago and I liked it.

My friend that wanted to see it was hoping it would be like a Shamalan movie...thankfully, it was not. :)

9. pb1300 macrumors 6502a

10. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

Saw it last weekend (the line for "Bruno" was too long).

I liked it. It has minimal characters and sets. Not a movie with lots of special effects. Reminded me of 2001 because of it's low key style an slow pace. It will put you to sleep if you're expecting action and adventure.

11. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

That was the big problem with the movie. It seemed like on one hand, they were trying to play off of the idea of 2001, but at the same time were trying to avoid any direct similarities. I think that explains a lot of why the movie isn't that good.

SPOILERS:

For the first half of the movie, it seems like Gerty was a HAL-like computer, that wouldn't ever give direct answers and seemed to exist to prevent Sam from learning certain things. But then all of a sudden, without any reason that I can recall, Gerty started helping Sam uncover the secret behind the lunar base. There was no explanation as to why Gerty would do this. It was just one scene, Gerty was prevent Sam from finding out the truth, and the next Gerty was incredibly helpful and willing to give answers to every question.