Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harcosparky

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
Here is the setup ....

Canon 40D
Meade ETX90 Telescope
Exposure 1/30

Live view with 10X zoom to check focus helped a great deal.

I like the crater detail along the edges in the upper right quadrant.

No editing other than cropping and some slight compression to make it fit website limits.

Attachments

• ETX90-40D.jpg
    ETX90-40D.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 175

Soma 115

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2008
the Chi
Here is the setup ....

Canon 40D
Meade ETX90 Telescope
Exposure 1/30

Live view with 10X zoom to check focus helped a great deal.

I like the crater detail along the edges in the upper right quadrant.

No editing other than cropping and some slight compression to make it fit website limits.

Great pic! :D i've been trying for some time to get one like this. ill have to try tonight with you're settings. I'll try and remember to post my results if you'd like! :)

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
Very nice!
I will be reading up on the Meade this weekend since those 90 "something" model #'s from the gfs telescope are on the box somewhere :rolleyes:
It does have the end/eye piece you described in the other thread that can swap out for lack of a better term for an adapter of sorts and some type of connection for either a usb cable or some type of cable but not sure.
Anyway looking toward a great summer of night/moon photography with some stars and (here's hoping) some other planet pics as well!
Keep showing some cool shots :D

harcosparky

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
I am setup ( sort 0f ) for some really cool shots if I am there within the short window of +/- 5 minutes.

As the moon comes up over the horizon it come up behind some trees. This one particular angle shows one tree quite well.

I do hope to be here in time to capture that image.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.