Moonlight Cancelled

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Tellegrand, May 28, 2008.

1. Tellegrand macrumors newbie

Hi all-

I don't know if any of you have ever watched Moonlight. It was on CBS this season and was recently cancelled. Anyway- the fans have been quite active (polite and civil nearly to a fault) and have been active in sending in email and snail mail, donating blood and recently raised enough money for ads in Variety and Hollywood Reporter. Press and other stations have been paying attention as we've had word that scifi and direct tv are very interested in developing a relationship to produce and air this show. The reason I'm raising it on here (besides that fact that anyone who can spare a few minutes to send an email or postcard in support are always welcome:)) is that Moonlight has been such a great advertisement for apple products. If anyone has noticed they use macs and the Iphone has been used extensively. If anyone is interested you can go to moonight-united.com or moonlightline.com. If anyone has posted about this before I'm sorry ... don't flay me... hehehe... I did a search and came up zip.

2. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

I didnt realise it had been cancelled, thought season two was coming out in the fall, (im in the uk so wouldnt have heard) its a shame my gf loves it, maybe you could link to an official petition or something.

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Apple adverts are not a reason to keep a show around. The fact that it is a good show is the reason.

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

And Pushing Daisies may come back after being put to pasture, or was it survival from the razor's edge of cancelation.

5. Tellegrand thread starter macrumors newbie

You're absolutely correct... I was just hoping to point out that this is a great show and it's winning a lot of mac converts. Tons of people i've talked to took the great leap of Iphone because of this show-- and now they are buying macs too. I didn't post the polls or any other address because they do tend to change. The most up to date place to stay on this is www.moonlightline.com. The board moderator has a nice "in" with the show and is able to stay on top of new developments. One of the problems we face is that the Jerrico fans made a great effort to get their show back on the air by mass mailings and emails but the show didn't really return to great ratings. We are trying to let people know that the show was CANCELLED by CBS-- something most fans don't know and getting new fans to join in. We want to reward the staton with great numbers when they bring us back.... although 8 mil ain't bad.

Now ....sorry about the raving... Anyone else a Moonlight fan? It's a guilty pleasure in my household, my hubby even makes time to sit down and watch live on friday nights. We NEVER watch anything live hardly so this is a big deal in my household LOL!!