Mophie Air Pack for iPhone 6...opinions?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by davistld01, Feb 21, 2015.

1. davistld01, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015

davistld01 macrumors 6502a

davistld01

Has anyone actually purchased & have feedback on the new Mophie Juice Pack Air battery case for the iPhone 6?

I'm tempted to buy one, but my experience with the Air in my iPhone 5 was that it simply made the phone too bulky & heavy for everyday use...and I'm concerned that it would be the same with the iPhone 6.

2. davistld01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

davistld01

Ok... I basically answered my own question right after I posted. I went down to my VZW store & tried a Juice Pack Air out on my iPhone 6...and my opinion is that it's way too bulky & heavy for my everyday use, and much more important than that...the mute button on the Mophie case does not match the one on the phone, and does not function at all. That is a dealbreaker, since in my workplace I'm expected to keep my ringer turned off...but I would have to totally remove & reinstall the case anywhere else I would be that I wanted the ringer or sound "on". Very, very poor design...and at over $100 for the case, it's an amazing oversight.

3. Santacruzer58, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2015

Santacruzer58 macrumors newbie

Same problem. My mute button did not work with my first iPhone 6 case so I called them and they replaced it with no problem; unfortunately the 2nd one has same problem! I have always loved my mophie juice packs on my iPhone's. It saved/protected my phone several times with some pretty harsh drops...

4. AlphaGuitarist macrumors regular

As I've mentioned in the other Mophie thread, I got the Juice Pack Air for my iPhone 6 and have been using it as my daily driver for about a week. I haven't experienced the problem with the mute switch - mine works perfectly. While the case does add a significant amount of bulk to the phone (my previous case was a Tech21 Evo Mesh), I've become accustomed to it. Would I rather not use a battery case? Of course. However, the battery life of the iPhone 6 leaves a lot to be desired and a battery case is an unfortunate necessity for me. I will say this: I tried two off-brand cases that I bought (and subsequently returned) on Amazon and neither was anywhere nearly as well-built as the Mophie.

5. chanerz macrumors 6502a

I have the Mophie Juice Plus. It does add bulk and heaviness to it. But I'm already accustomed by it. It has a nice feel to it and the front speaker is nicer.