Mophie Announces New Apple-Exclusive Powerstation Portable Chargers With Lightning Ports

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 17, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Mophie today announced the launch of a new series of iPhone-exclusive Powerstation models, which are equipped with a Lightning port to allow them to be recharged using a Lightning cable rather than a traditional micro-USB cable.

With the ability to charge over Lightning, customers who purchase one of the new Lightning-equipped Mophie Powerstations will be able to charge their iPhones and their portable charger using the same cable.

[​IMG]

Mophie is offering several new Powerstation options, with varying battery capacities and price points:

[*]Powerstation Plus ($79.95) - 6040mAh with built-in Lightning connector and a single USB port. Available in heather gray, slate, and black.
    [*]Powerstation Plus XL ($99.95) - 10,000mAh with built-in Lightning connector and a single USB port. Available in heather gray, slate, black, and deep blue. Qi wireless charging is included, allowing the Powerstation Plus XL to be recharged via a Qi-based wireless charger.
    [*]Powerstation ($59.95) - 6,040mAh with two USB ports for charging two devices at once. Available in indigo blue and millennial pink.
    [*]Powerstation XXL ($99.95) - 20,200mAh with three USB ports for charging three devices at once. Available in black.

The Powerstation and Powerstation XXL, designed for use with iPhone, iPad, and AirPods, offer up an extra 20 and 70 hours of iPhone battery life, respectively, and come in an aluminum design.

The Powerstation Plus and Powerstation Plus XL offer built-in Lightning connectors, alleviating the need to supply your own Lightning cable for charging purposes. Both of these models offer a fabric-covered design with fabric over the top and bottom plates and can provide up to 34 hours of extra battery.

All of the Powerstation options include an LED power indicator to provide details on charging status and battery life, along with Priority Charging capabilities that send power to your device before recharging the Powerstation when it's plugged in.

The new line of Mophie Powerstations are available exclusively from Apple retail stores, the Apple online store, and the Mophie website.

Article Link: Mophie Announces New Apple-Exclusive Powerstation Portable Chargers With Lightning Ports

2. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

That's cool, but please release a mophie case with a lightning port.

3. AppleCorei7 macrumors newbie

AppleCorei7

4. rcooked macrumors regular

Great. Until.... Apple drops usb-c on the next iPhone.

5. aaronhead14 macrumors 6502a

aaronhead14

Ugh, seriously, Lightning needs to stop being a thing. Apple really needs to replace it with USB-C already.

6. Nicksd84 macrumors 6502a

Lightning's here for the next decade at least. Enterprise is buying iPhones in spades. People are keeping iPhones for much longer than the thirty pin models. You're stuck with it!

7. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

It makes my eyes water. Got a 20,100 mAh USB C Anker brick for $60 from Amazon a few weeks back. You can get a 10,000 mAh Anker for $19. Definitely pricey.

8. syntax Suspended

Still no battery case for the X, with the X2/11 on the horizon.

9. Mac 128 macrumors 603

Mac 128

This x 1000

10. cbaca51 macrumors regular

Don’t Mophie have this already? I just bought one on eBay yesterday lol

11. jocamero macrumors regular

Pretty cool that you can wirelessly recharge these.

From Mophie's website: "You can also wirelessly recharge the powerstation plus XL portable battery from any mophie wireless charging pad or any Qi-compatible charger. Just place the powerstation plus XL portable battery on the charging pad as shown in the quick-start guide."

12. err404 macrumors 68020

I just bought a 10000mAh battery with built in Lighting, Micro USB and USB C cables that also has built in AC prongs for charging for less then half of this price. That MFi certification must cost a fortune!

13. macintoshmac macrumors 68030

macintoshmac

People here are selling that brick for $150 because it isn't available by the company.

14. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

I’ve had a 20,000 mAh power bank that I purchased on Amazon for over a year now. It was only around $25. I use it constantly, and it’s been great for camping trips as well.

I love that it has USB inputs, so you’re able to charge iOS devices or any device that charges using USB. With the mophie Charger, you would only be able to charge devices that have lightning ports.

I bought another 20,000 mAh charger for my mom as well, and she loves it.

15. BWhaler macrumors 68030

BWhaler

I’ve been waiting for lightening charging for years. Very exciting.

For me, I don’t mind the Mophie premium. I like the design, workcraft, and knowledge these are (hopefully safe batteries.

16. B4U macrumors 68000

B4U

Those guys must be high or something.
    They think Apple users are gullible enough to fall for those ridiculous prices.

17. Onexy macrumors regular

Onexy

Apparently to Mophie the price is a feature.

18. PickUrPoison macrumors 68030

Be careful buying Mophie on eBay or even Amazon; there seem to be a lot of Mophie counterfeits.

19. chfilm macrumors 68000

chfilm

Generally a nice idea, but usb c would’ve been better.
    It’s annoying that the slower lightning standard gets dragged along so long..

20. minik macrumors 65816

The Lightning connector is just fine, I don't see why there is a need to adopt USB-C on iOS devices.

21. powerboy123 macrumors newbie

powerboy123

These guys are so HIGH!!.. i think there is a pot dispensary around the corner from them.. so that explains the pricing..

22. SteveJobs2.0 macrumors 6502a

Always someone that posts this whenever there is a product with built in lightning. No **** that you can get a random power bank cheaper, especially a noname one with questionable battery quality, but this includes the convenience of not needing a mini USB cable along with a lightning cable.

23. BigMcGuire, Jul 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018

BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

$60 and half the capacity for that convenience ? Anker is hardly no name. It’s a huge premium.

24. CC07 macrumors newbie

So if you can recharge this wirelessly, does that mean you can charge your iPhone X wirelessley by placing on top of this? (Even though there is a cable provided) just curious.

25. skys15 macrumors member

skys15

Nice! Although would rather have usb-c with much faster charging through power delivery 2.0 or whatever.