Mophie Battery - Bad Buy, Poor Support

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by pengrus, Jan 5, 2009.

1. pengrus macrumors newbie

Lot of people are excited by Mophie iphone battery. It looks great, and it is supposed to be powerful and convenient. From my personal experience, the feedback is not very positive.

1. The charger does not have an on/off switch. That means after you charge it up, if you don't use it for a while, it will lose the power.

2. The contact between the USB cable and the charge is very lose. I only used it for a week now, and it lost contact constantly while charging. The end result is that it is not possible to charge it up anymore. I see this as quality control problem.

3. Lack of support. I have sent two emails since Dec 30, and there is not even one reply on my request of exchange.

If you are on the market to buy an iphone battery, I strongly suggest you look at the alternatives such as www.3gjuice.com

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Try out the Imax external battery, I never thought Mophie's support will be that bad. I'm using Imax and they respond quickly on emails, good customer service and the battery pack is awesome (largest capacity with an affordable price)

3. pengrus thread starter macrumors newbie

I called their support number three times on three different business days, and there was never an answer, only voicemail.

Whoever want to buy Mophie at $100 should stay away. There are better alternatives.

Thanks for the link.

4. MikeCallery macrumors newbie

Try the IV for the iPhone

After constant delays on the Mophie site for their battery backup unit, I called and cancelled my order. From what I am hearing, I'm glad I did.

I ended up getting an IV not the number 4 but the letter i and v .

It is very similar to the Mophie in design, however, it also offers an USB charging port for say, a USB powered blue tooth headset and it has an on/off for the USB port. It also has a pretty powerful LED light which though it is not synchronized with the iPhone's camera could illuminate something nicely for a photograph.

5. pengrus thread starter macrumors newbie

Ray,

Just checked the iMax battery you mentioned, wow, 5000mAh, is that safe for iphone? How long have you been using it? Good?

6. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Read this thread for more info, I'm not the only person who has this external battery and so far it has been working great since I bought it. More reviews and discussions are found there.

Up till now, just to let you know, it still charges up to more than four times of the iPhones battery. Yes it's safe, even leaving it on the iPhone or leaving it plugged to USB. It's safe because of their engineering. (Or else I could have been complaining about my gadget messed up by this battery) Try one, you won't regret it. Very very helpful as I play a lot of games and watch movies when I'm bored.