Mophie Case as Regular Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Centris 650, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Centris 650 macrumors 6502a

Centris 650

I'm considering getting a Mophie case as my main case. How are the Mophie cases? Do you use it as your main case? How's your experience with it and would you recommend it?

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Be very careful when buying mophie cases as there are a ton of counterfeits out there on eBay, Amazon, an many other places (http://www.mophie.com/counterfeits)

3. buckeye269 macrumors newbie

I use a Mophie case for my iPhone 5. It is a decent case, I worry about dropping my phone and breaking a case that costs close to $100 though. Having to use the headphone adapter is also quite annoying.

4. comptr macrumors 65816

I use a mophie case as my main case and it works fine the only issue for me is the headphone adaptor but not the end of the world.

5. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

I've been using my mophie case for a while.. 4-5 months.. Lost my lightening cable so its the only way to charge my phone.. it gets annoying after a while because it does make your phone kind of heavy..So i've actually been rocking my phone caseless.. But i always do that when new iphone is about launch so..

But back to the question.. Mophie cases are great.. I dont see how people don't use it as their main case.. It seems that it will get aggravating having to change cases everytime u needed a charge.. But at the same time.. You can get tired of using the mophie case.

6. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Used the Mophie on my Ip4. Great case. One of the benefits is that it keeps the battery cycles down on your iphone. Lots of times, the main iphone battery wasn't needed before I re-charged. It does make it a little heavier. Nice to have the extra power.

7. Slicktype macrumors 6502

Slicktype

I am not an owner of a Mophie case but I do own a MOTA case and I love it !. It is similar to Mophie but maybe a bit bulkier (not sure). It is my main case and I could not go through an entire day without it ..... Love this case <<>>

8. Kuriakose macrumors newbie

Mophie Helium

Hey does your mophie helium get hot when you turn it on?

9. verwon, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013

verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I've got a Mophie on my 5, the only problem I have with it is the "Charging is not supported with this accessory!' warning that comes up. Sometimes it's gotten so bad, that it's impossible to charge with it on.

In all fairness, they did send me an RMA to return it, so they could check it and see if it was a warranty issue or not, but at that time, I was going on vacation and would be off running, so I needed it and have just taken to not charging my phone in it, for now.

I'll just buy more cases, anyway… LOL Especially with the 5s coming..

It's my excuse to shop…shhhhhhhh! :roll eyes:

ETA: I've got the Product Red one.

10. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

They're great cases. I used the JuicePack Air, and have dropped my phone several times onto asphalt, tile, etc. No damage came to the phone or the case, amazingly. There is enough of a lip around the front to protect the screen without being really noticeable in daily use.

As to the headphone cable issue, the standard Apple headphone plugs will fit in through the hole. It does seem, however, that there is enough room that they could have made a built-in pass-through in the case bottom itself... Maybe they will address this in a future issuance.

Having to switch back and forth between lighting and micro-USB is fairly annoying. Maybe they will have both male and female lightning plugs on a future issuance. That would make it a real winner.

Still, after having used it for several months, I can't imagine going back to using a regular case and having to charge once or twice during the day.

11. user-name-here macrumors 65816

I simply refuse to buy mophie due to their greedy prices.

At first it was $80 for their best case? Wow, I said, talk about overboard... but $120 for their best case (juice pack plus)? Ludicrous :p

What's next? $199 for the Juice Pack Ultra? :rolleyes:

12. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

The uNu Power DX Battery case for iPhone 5 accomplishes the same thing as the mophie juice pack plus but for $80 on Amazon. It also has much better reviews than any mophie battery case. I have and use the uNu battery case everyday as my main case. It is very protective.
    uNu Power DX External Protective Battery Case for iPhone 5s / iPhone 5 - MFI Apple Certified (Matte Black, Fits All Models iPhone 5S & iPhone 5)
    http://amzn.com/B00B1UQBGA

13. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

no, works and fits fine with my 5s

14. iAlphard macrumors regular

Try lenmar meridian 2300 mAh, i have both mophie and lenmar. Quality build is the same but the lenmar wins in battery capacity.

15. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Don't forget it is also cheaper. Lenmar and uNu battery cases are pretty much the same thing.

16. Mikesus macrumors 6502

The 5/5s case also won't let you sync (or use it with a car that has audio controls)

Deal breaker for me. Used to work fine on the 4/4s but having to remove the case to use it in the car for music is pretty useless.