Mophie case with 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Breitling65, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Breitling65, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013

Breitling65 macrumors 6502

I end up using accessibility option with software buttons on screen, one of the options is mute there. I still like to be cables free and chargeless for couple of days, so it is fine for me to use this option for now.
    I contacted Mophie and they didn't answer my question about 5s compatibility and possible repair for this button, I guess they scared of halting sales on cases. Only thing they said - we could replace it with new but exactly same one.

2. kowen14 macrumors member

I've got the helium with no problems but the switch isn't covered on mine so that won't help you

3. JulesK macrumors 6502

Mophie Juice Pack Plus (for Iphone 5) & 5S

I have the Juice Pack Plus, which I assume is the one you are referring to. The mute slider does work, but unlike the other covered buttons (which remain very tactile), but slider is somewhat hard to manipulate. It has a decent "click" switching to the mute position, but virtually no feedback going the other way (although it does work). I'm going to ask Mophie about this, because it appears that I'm not alone.

4. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

Have all three versions, Helium, Air & Air+ not one single issue! And why would there be? Perfect fit, every button works fine including slider! Why in the world would the slider be affected! Great product used them for years always reliable.

5. duggram macrumors 6502

duggram

Phone jack contact and micro-USB shaky

When I upgraded to the 5s from the 4S I got the with the largest case Verizon offers. As with my 4S case the micro-USB connection is not very solid, and for sure doesn't work well without the supplied cable. More irritating is the extension they give you for the headphones connection. Any movement creates a lot of scratching sound. I'm on the phone for work at least 6 hours a day and this gets to be a major issue.

Any suggestions on how to improve these two situations?

6. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Weird thing happened to my mute switch for the iPhone 5 Mophie Juice Pack Plus. The mute on/off switch broke off somehow and now I can't switch it on/off without taking off the case... anyone have this happen to them?

[​IMG]

7. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I haven't had any problems with my Mophine [PRODUCT] Red, Juice Pack Plus.

8. HiRisk macrumors 6502

Mophie case with 5S

I've had my Mophie Juice Pack Air ever since it got released. I've had no problems with it nor did the mute switch fall off like that.

Only way in can see the mute switch falling apart like pictured above is due to abuse (drop, bang something solid, or pressure on the button causing it to break).

Maybe you slid the phone in the wrong way or there was something on the mute switch when you installed the phone causing it to break?

9. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

Do mophies work on the 5s that has a spigen glass screen protector? I think I have the glas.t slim... Thanks

10. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

Yes they work with glass screen protectors

11. rebirth83 macrumors member

If you check there facebook account they said there working on coming out with a new Mophie case for the 5S

12. JulesK macrumors 6502

Slider switch needs improvement...

I have the Juice Pack Plus, which I just got for the 5S. I'm not sure about Mophie introducing a new product just for the 5S, but this works fine. I've had no problems with wireless syncing, the headphone adapter works fine (sound doesn't cut out when jiggled, but maybe it will after a lot of use), and variety of micro USB cables work well with the case.

The slider switch could be improved. Better yet, removed (even if you needed a huge cut-out in the case). All things considered, given the size of the switch and force needed to more it, the slider switch on the case works fairly well, but I could see it breaking after a while after a lot of use, even if not abused. Hopefully, if that happens, it will be within the one-year warranty and Mophie will replace it.

For the OP, I'd try to get a warranty replacement.

----------

They clearly do (I use a non-glass Spigen protector, however), and I'm not sure why Mophie says on its website that their cases are not compatible with screen protectors. On the Juice Pack Plus for the 5/5S, the tolerances are pretty tight, and installed property, the case should not interfere with a screen protector.

One thing, however, is that the lip of the case is not that high. I suspect that it would still be higher than a glass screen protector (particularly one of the new thinner ones that Spigen sells), but it won't provide as much protection as some other cases might. Still, may give it a shot because I really loved the glass protector I had on my 4S.

13. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I barely use it. I just noticed one day that the mute switch would turn on/off.

14. Breitling65 thread starter macrumors 6502

Are you using iphone5(S) with it? If not why would you post here?

----------

Are you using iphone5(S) with it, if not why would you post here?

----------

Yes, mute button is slightly smaller on 5(S) I believe. Case can't control it anymore. I end up using iphone accessibility option with mute software button on screen, it is OK for now. I still like to be cable/charge free and Mophe helps with it :)