Mophie Cases-iPhone 5 (and 5s)-Wear Question

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by JulesK, Nov 3, 2013.

1. JulesK macrumors 6502

I never thought I'd be asking this type of question, but here goes: I have a Mophie Juice Pack Plus for my 5s (Space Grey), because I assumed that battery life would be terrible. It's actually far better than I expected, so I intend to use Mophie mainly on weekends or when traveling, and use a Pixelskin HD the rest of the time.

My question is: The 5s fits pretty snugly in the Mophie case, and I wonder if over time, putting it in and out of the case once a week is going to wear on the anodizing. Any frequent case changers out there with any experience on this? I figure if it isn't an issue with the Slate Black 5, it won't be with the Space Grey 5s.

Yes, I realize that I shouldn't care, and the phone's in a case, for God's sake, but the phone would look terrible with bright silver chamfered edges!

Many thanks.

2. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

I've actually been wondering the same thing, but I know that I did have a few scuff on my iphone 4 from the Juicepack Plus.

3. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

I had the 5 and I didn't have any issues with wear on mine, however I did have a few rub marks where the phone rubbed against the nubs inside the case but it wasn't permanent. I also didn't put it in my pocket I had a hip case I put it in. That kept out the dust.