Mophie Debuts 3-in-1 Powerstation Hub With 6,100mAh Battery, USB-C and USB-A Ports, and Qi Wireless Charging

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 25, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple accessory maker Mophie today debuted a three-in-one portable battery pack, wall charger, and wireless charging pad.

[​IMG]

The new Powerstation Hub is equipped with a 6,100mAh battery, one 5W USB-A port, one 15W USB-A port, one 18W USB-C Power Delivery port, and a Qi-enabled 5W wireless charging surface. The USB-C port can be used to recharge both the portable battery itself and connected devices like an iPhone or iPad.

The hub features foldable wall prongs, LEDs that indicate battery level and charging status, and a rubberized, non-slip finish. A 1.5-meter AC power cable and a 0.5-meter USB-A to USB-C cable are included in the box.

The new Powerstation Hub is available now on Mophie.com for $99.95.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Mophie. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Article Link: Mophie Debuts 3-in-1 Powerstation Hub With 6,100mAh Battery, USB-C and USB-A Ports, and Qi Wireless Charging

2. JetTester macrumors 6502

That’s pretty neat, especially with the wireless charger. I can use this on trips, when I have an iPhone XR and iPad Air, and my wife has the same.

3. jagolden macrumors 6502a

jagolden

IMO 6,100mAh is just too small. And the wireless at 5w - no thanks. May as well just plug into the usb-c port.

4. sickoagb macrumors member

this would’ve been sickening if it had at least a 10/15000mAh battery... why Mophie why

5. ghost187 macrumors 6502a

ghost187

Mophie website is flagged as not secure, and images are not correctly sized. Doesn’t give me much confidence about the longevity of this company.

6. AndyDiamond macrumors 6502

AndyDiamond

Not dissing wireless charging entirely but charging an iPhoneXR with my MBP USB charger is super fast and makes wireless charging such a chore. I have a 5/7.5/10W wireless charging pad but it sits unused because it's so slow. One of the reasons I decided not to go for Air Pods with the wireless charging case - kinda pointless.

7. Remy149 macrumors 6502

I use a fast charger at work but use wireless charging exclusively at home. I’ve placed a charging pad in every room as well as any place you can sit. If you are charging from low battery wireless can be slow but at home I always have my phone on a charger when I set it down

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

This is a perfect desk-top application. I can see myself using this, especially for multi-device charging without all my devices being charged separately elsewhere.

9. newyorksole macrumors 68040

Love my fast chargers. I have a few of them. 30W and 18W.

10. macduke macrumors G4

macduke

Next version: Drop the battery, make it less bulky, add another USB-C and USB-A, upgrade to 10W wireless charging. Perfection. I'll take two.

11. HeyGreggie macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

There is absolutely no reason for that to be that huge. It takes up BOTH wall outlets and ONLY has a 6100mAH battery? That's absurd, especially for the price. No way to justify carrying that around daily, or even for travel with it's size, wattage output and the price.

12. PC_tech macrumors newbie

They are just fine.

13. Yanxfan macrumors newbie

I’ve been purchasing Mophie products since they pioneered the juice pack for the iPhone 4 and they’ve grown by leaps and bounds since then ( my iPhone XS Max I’m sending this from has the juice pack Access on it now. I wouldn’t worry about their longevity. They are rock solid just like their products.

14. jlc1978 macrumors 68020

jlc1978

The one problem I see is the device has a wall prong, so either you use an extension cord or chose between wireless and regular charging but not both at once.

15. mrz_V1 macrumors newbie

mrz_V1

Laughably bad power capacity, I mean I could MAYBE justify the price if it was 15000mah but 6100mah is a joke, what is that gonna charge my phone once or twice maybe? For 100 bucks you should be getting 20000mah without question.

16. solace macrumors regular

you do realize how huge/heavy one with 20,000 mAh would be right?

10k would have been nice, but this is bulky enough as is.

Also, I have about a dozen battery chargers and only one of them is 20,000 mAh. Most are in the 4-13k range.

17. HeyGreggie macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

Not sure exactly what your point is because this is a mammoth with only 6,100 mAh.

18. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

I’m afraid this is a toaster fridge situation. This thing is a wall charger doubling as a Power Bank, and I’m afraid that the heat from charging will damage the battery inside. Not to mention the small size of the battery inside.

In most of the time (except long travels) you don't need to bring the wall charger with you all the time.

The Mophie USB-C XXL is a 20000mAh battery and weighs 390g. Yes it's about 140g heavier but it provides 3 times the battery.

19. solace, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019

solace macrumors regular

see post below yours... it's not just a battery pack, thus it requires more circuitry/insides.

also, it's not THAT mammoth:

[​IMG]

It's basically just a little longer than the 60 watt Apple charger
    --- Post Merged, Jun 26, 2019 ---
    agreed.

I'd use this for business travel mostly, wouldn't be an every day carry battery for me.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 26, 2019 ---
    this Anker one is $99 and is only 5000 mAh and has no wireless charging fwiw:

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/...n-power-delivery-battery-and-charger?fnode=85

trade off is it can charge USB-C laptops at 30W, but still not exactly cheap, especially for Anker who is known for much more affordable stuff than Mophie.

20. z4co macrumors newbie

z4co

I do like the competition between Anker and Mophie for a thing this size that is so versatile. But the price on these things are nuts. Someone do a teardown and show us it’s just two 18650 cells in these things. In which case it’s cheaper to just tape a wireless charger to a $15 battery pack.

21. MrMister111 macrumors 68030

Apart from wireless function is this any real difference?

DoSHIn USB C Portable Charger 10000mAh Wireless Power Bank QC3.0 Input and Output Power Delivery Power Bank with Interchangeable Wall Charger for MacBook, Nintendo Switch, iPhone, Samsung and More https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PBYC5V6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_wJjfDbTGVBKRX

I like mophie, and Anker but the price is very high when compared to this. Be handy for travels.

I have the Apple 18W USB-C charger now and for UK it has foldable prongs, so welcome! I've changed all my cables now to USB-C for iPhone and others, just need a watch USB-C so not sure I need this