• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple accessory maker Mophie today debuted a three-in-one portable battery pack, wall charger, and wireless charging pad.

mophie-powerstation-hub-800x481.jpg

The new Powerstation Hub is equipped with a 6,100mAh battery, one 5W USB-A port, one 15W USB-A port, one 18W USB-C Power Delivery port, and a Qi-enabled 5W wireless charging surface. The USB-C port can be used to recharge both the portable battery itself and connected devices like an iPhone or iPad.

The hub features foldable wall prongs, LEDs that indicate battery level and charging status, and a rubberized, non-slip finish. A 1.5-meter AC power cable and a 0.5-meter USB-A to USB-C cable are included in the box.

The new Powerstation Hub is available now on Mophie.com for $99.95.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Mophie. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Article Link: Mophie Debuts 3-in-1 Powerstation Hub With 6,100mAh Battery, USB-C and USB-A Ports, and Qi Wireless Charging

JetTester

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2014
That’s pretty neat, especially with the wireless charger. I can use this on trips, when I have an iPhone XR and iPad Air, and my wife has the same.

Reactions: cbaca51 and Pbrutto
Comment

ghost187

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
Mophie website is flagged as not secure, and images are not correctly sized. Doesn’t give me much confidence about the longevity of this company.

Comment

AndyDiamond

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2004
The Black Lodge
Not dissing wireless charging entirely but charging an iPhoneXR with my MBP USB charger is super fast and makes wireless charging such a chore. I have a 5/7.5/10W wireless charging pad but it sits unused because it's so slow. One of the reasons I decided not to go for Air Pods with the wireless charging case - kinda pointless.

Reactions: jagolden
Comment

Remy149

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2016
Not dissing wireless charging entirely but charging an iPhoneXR with my MBP USB charger is super fast and makes wireless charging such a chore. I have a 5/7.5/10W wireless charging pad but it sits unused because it's so slow. One of the reasons I decided not to go for Air Pods with the wireless charging case - kinda pointless.
I use a fast charger at work but use wireless charging exclusively at home. I’ve placed a charging pad in every room as well as any place you can sit. If you are charging from low battery wireless can be slow but at home I always have my phone on a charger when I set it down

Comment

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
This is a perfect desk-top application. I can see myself using this, especially for multi-device charging without all my devices being charged separately elsewhere.

Comment

newyorksole

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2008
New York.

Love my fast chargers. I have a few of them. 30W and 18W.

Reactions: jagolden
Comment

macduke

macrumors G4
Jun 27, 2007
Central U.S.
Next version: Drop the battery, make it less bulky, add another USB-C and USB-A, upgrade to 10W wireless charging. Perfection. I'll take two.

Comment

HeyGreggie

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2011
There is absolutely no reason for that to be that huge. It takes up BOTH wall outlets and ONLY has a 6100mAH battery? That's absurd, especially for the price. No way to justify carrying that around daily, or even for travel with it's size, wattage output and the price.

Reactions: mrz_V1
Comment

Yanxfan

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2018
They are just fine.
I’ve been purchasing Mophie products since they pioneered the juice pack for the iPhone 4 and they’ve grown by leaps and bounds since then ( my iPhone XS Max I’m sending this from has the juice pack Access on it now. I wouldn’t worry about their longevity. They are rock solid just like their products.

Reactions: PC_tech
Comment

jlc1978

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2009
This is a perfect desk-top application. I can see myself using this, especially for multi-device charging without all my devices being charged separately elsewhere.
The one problem I see is the device has a wall prong, so either you use an extension cord or chose between wireless and regular charging but not both at once.

Comment

mrz_V1

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2016
Laughably bad power capacity, I mean I could MAYBE justify the price if it was 15000mah but 6100mah is a joke, what is that gonna charge my phone once or twice maybe? For 100 bucks you should be getting 20000mah without question.

Comment

solace

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2006
Laughably bad power capacity, I mean I could MAYBE justify the price if it was 15000mah but 6100mah is a joke, what is that gonna charge my phone once or twice maybe? For 100 bucks you should be getting 20000mah without question.
you do realize how huge/heavy one with 20,000 mAh would be right?

10k would have been nice, but this is bulky enough as is.

Also, I have about a dozen battery chargers and only one of them is 20,000 mAh. Most are in the 4-13k range.

Comment

HeyGreggie

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2011

Also, I have about a dozen battery chargers and only one of them is 20,000 mAh. Most are in the 4-13k range.

Not sure exactly what your point is because this is a mammoth with only 6,100 mAh.

Comment

haruhiko

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2009

I’m afraid this is a toaster fridge situation. This thing is a wall charger doubling as a Power Bank, and I’m afraid that the heat from charging will damage the battery inside. Not to mention the small size of the battery inside.

In most of the time (except long travels) you don't need to bring the wall charger with you all the time.

The Mophie USB-C XXL is a 20000mAh battery and weighs 390g. Yes it's about 140g heavier but it provides 3 times the battery.

Reactions: jagolden and solace
Comment

solace

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2006
Not sure exactly what your point is because this is a mammoth with only 6,100 mAh.

see post below yours... it's not just a battery pack, thus it requires more circuitry/insides.

also, it's not THAT mammoth:

4-tile-ps-hub-prongs.jpg

It's basically just a little longer than the 60 watt Apple charger
[doublepost=1561560935][/doublepost]
I’m afraid this is a toaster fridge situation. This thing is a wall charger doubling as a Power Bank, and I’m afraid that the heat from charging will damage the battery inside. Not to mention the small size of the battery inside.

In most of the time (except long travels) you don't need to bring the wall charger with you all the time.

The Mophie USB-C XXL is a 20000mAh battery and weighs 390g. Yes it's about 140g heavier but it provides 3 times the battery.
agreed.

I'd use this for business travel mostly, wouldn't be an every day carry battery for me.
[doublepost=1561561239][/doublepost]
this Anker one is $99 and is only 5000 mAh and has no wireless charging fwiw:

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/...n-power-delivery-battery-and-charger?fnode=85

trade off is it can charge USB-C laptops at 30W, but still not exactly cheap, especially for Anker who is known for much more affordable stuff than Mophie.

Last edited:
Reactions: haruhiko
Comment

z4co

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2018
I do like the competition between Anker and Mophie for a thing this size that is so versatile. But the price on these things are nuts. Someone do a teardown and show us it’s just two 18650 cells in these things. In which case it’s cheaper to just tape a wireless charger to a $15 battery pack.

Comment

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Apart from wireless function is this any real difference?

DoSHIn USB C Portable Charger 10000mAh Wireless Power Bank QC3.0 Input and Output Power Delivery Power Bank with Interchangeable Wall Charger for MacBook, Nintendo Switch, iPhone, Samsung and More https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PBYC5V6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_wJjfDbTGVBKRX

I like mophie, and Anker but the price is very high when compared to this. Be handy for travels.

I have the Apple 18W USB-C charger now and for UK it has foldable prongs, so welcome! I've changed all my cables now to USB-C for iPhone and others, just need a watch USB-C so not sure I need this

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.