Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dirtwaterfox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2014
St. Pete Beach
I have a fairly new Mophie Juice Pack and have recently had problems with my phone calling.

If I enter the number (direct dial or from contacts) the phone goes into action but never actually connects to the network. Similarly, when the phone is in this state, I can call it, but it won't ring.

I can fix the situation by rebooting.

I have a feeling that this problem is somehow caused by the Mophie. I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar problems.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
You didn't say what phone. If the phone works properly without the mophie, try to reassemble the mophie and see what happens. I have the 5s with the air pack... Works perfectly.

xAnthony

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
I don't have this issue on my mophie(s) either. I sometimes do experience a slight cellular data signal drop, but nothing to that extreme. Have you ever had this issue without the mophie case on your phone?

Dirtwaterfox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2014
St. Pete Beach
The phone is 4.

The problem has happened several times recently, so I have removed the Mophie to see if there is a recurrence. I'll give it two or three days.

If the phone works fine, I'll go back to the Mophie. If it doesn't, I guess I'll go to Apple. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.