Mophie introduces NEW Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 4!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by atomicbatteries, Dec 7, 2010.

1. atomicbatteries macrumors 6502

This is some real good news!

Just ordered one of these today and I can not wait to get my hands on it!

This is answer to all my battery and case needs and I'm now certain I will never run out of juice during the day.

This one has a much larger battery capacity giving you 2000 mAh compared to the Juice Pack air's 1500 mAh and for only another $20.00 bucks, which to me makes it a worth while deal. I will most definitely get a lot more time between charges and this makes my life a whole lot more manageable on the road.

I have been more than happy with my juice pak but this is going to be even better!

Mophie's web site states you'll get up to 8 hours of talk time on 3G and up to 16 hours on 2G! and on Internet p to 7 hours on 3G & up to 11 hours on Wi-Fi Audio Playback: Up to 44 hours and Video Playback: Up to 11 hours.

Not bad, not bad at all!

These are also very well made products and extremely durable as well. I have dropped my phone more times than I care to remember only to find it well protected indie its Mophie case.

And the very best part? It comes in COLORS! If I like it I'm going to get either blue or yellow as well! Can't ever have too many spare batteries around as far as I am concerned!

As soon as I have had spent some time with it I will report back but thought folks might want to know about this wonderful addition to the Mophie product line!

http://www.mophie.com/mophie-juice-pack-plus-iPhone-4-battery-case-p/1160_jpplp4.htm?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=LaunchEmailBNWtst&utm_content=launchBNtwst&utm_campaign=juicepackplus

1160_JPPLP4-6T.jpg
    1160_JPPLP4-4T.jpg
    1160_JPPLP4-2T.jpg

2. r2fa3l macrumors regular

why do they keep making cases in that gay blue color :mad: i want a man blue

3. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

Did you mean gay as in happy :) or gay as in homosexual?

Anyway,

I don't think the blue is that bad, its for chicks man!

Besides what's a "man blue" anyway,

would that be navy?

Get the dark one then, that's what I am going to get right now.

4. xraytech macrumors 68020

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Did you mean gay as in "This poster is a Homophobe" or gay as in "Happy"? If it's the former, you'll be getting a PM from and MacRumors Admin.

5. xraytech macrumors 68020

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just got mine yesterday and it is awesome. Only minus is that it causes Flash Wash.

6. Kelbidrome macrumors newbie

Can you post pics on how it looks like on the Iphone?

7. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

weird in that the original didn't have any problems. I like the all black vs. the silver trim that I have.

8. CZK macrumors 6502a

lol'd at choice color

Also, thats nice, i always wanted to make my iphone 5 cm thick !!

edit just checked spec.

Iphone original thickness: 0,37 inch

With this mophie accessorie: 0,68 inch

Thats 83% more thick than caseless which is not reasonable.

9. jettie1767 macrumors 6502

I love my Mophie as well but don't like the fact that I can't sync with iTunes. They should fix it!

10. xraytech macrumors 68020

WHAT?!?

I got to check that.

No, Syncs just fine.

11. xraytech, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010

xraytech macrumors 68020

Yeah, me too. The Silver trim is what stopped me from buy the first version.

Without the Mophie Juice Pack Plus
    [​IMG]

With the Mophie Juice Pack Plus
    [​IMG]

Don't know how Mophie can fix this but aside from that, I love my Mophie Juice Pack Plus.

12. atomicbatteries thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm having a hard time believing they would not have checked this out thoughly before releasing a case that would cause this kind of flash wash.

I ordered one this afternoon and will have it in a day or so and will check this out and post some photos as well.

I have 2 juice air's for i4 and those don't have this problem at all and it appears to be the very same casing exept thicker at the bottom.

If indeed this is happening with flash pictures, I have full confidence in the folks at Mophie and their fixing the problem very quickly and addressing whatever issues their customers have. when one of my original juice oaks went belly up I got a new one overnighted to me while on a trip. They're good with customer service!

13. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I am no means an expert but I am going to make an assumption that there is a big ass mirror above that sink. What we might be seeing is a bounce back from the mirror. the bounce can be seen by the shadow on the towel ring, the shadow is towards the center of the room indicating a light source coming from the left. Just a thought

14. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

If that was the case, then wouldn't it also affect the photo taken without the case as well? This wash-out with the flash is very unfortunate. I experienced this problem with one of the early cases I bought when the iPhone 4 was first released; I ended up returning it.

I'm really considering getting this case though. Maybe as a Christmas present, since I'm constantly traveling back home from my school in another city every once in a while. Usually, I'll carry my MacBook Pro in my backpack and connect the iPhone to it so that the battery won't get too low, but this would work wonderfully.

I'm just wondering how using this case would affect the battery life of the iPhone. If the case is, in essence, constantly charging the iPhone, would this affect the battery life on the iPhone 4?

15. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

there is a switch on the bottom left of the case which will turn off the battery. the first gen cases didn't have this and the constant charging decreased the time of the extended battery.

good point on the flash. I misread the orignial post

16. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

It must be your cable. Mine syncs just fine.

17. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

No problems with syncing here either.

Good point on the photo. While this would not be a deal breaker for me as I need the extra power, I am interested in seeing if this is truly the case, I am hoping it is not. I ordered one and should have it in a couple of days and will also check it out immediately.

Seems to me looking at the pictures there is a pretty wide opening which would take this into consideration, but testing is really the best way to really see!
    1160_JPPLP4-5.jpg

But here again, I also have confidence in Mophie and their customer service. If there is something wrong with the product I know they will fix it right away and get their customers new tops for their units.

But somehow I find it hard to believe that this was not throughly checked out before hand. I have no problems with my other one and this one looks pretty similar to the lower capacity battery/case.

We will soon see!

18. xraytech, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010

xraytech macrumors 68020

Mirror does not factor into the flash wash. If you want, I can take another set of images with and without the Mophie. I'll will get the same results, trust me.

19. xraytech macrumors 68020

The internal power management of the iP4 takes care of everything. I always leave the switch of my Mophie in the the ON position. As soon as the iP4 battery is topped off, the power management in the iP4 stops charging. This case does not over charge the iP4 battery.

Long story short, unless you have a faulty iP4, there is no such thing as over charging the iP4 battery.

20. 3goldens, Dec 9, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2010

3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

Go my Mophie Juice Pack Plus today.
    WOW! Home Run here folks!

This is really a great product, very sturdy, well made and has a good grip to it, that non slip backing that the original juice pak had. Syncs right up, no problems there.

I am used to using the Juice Pack Plus for iphone 4 and was pleasantly surprised that the Juice Pack Plus did not add that much more bulk to it.

What it does add is plenty of POWER, and plenty of it!

The first thing I did check was the concern about "flash wash", and I have posted two pictures I took this evening.

As you can see, no wash what so ever!

Greatly relieved about this, I knew Mophie would have taken this into consideration before releasing a product!

This is a four star recommendation and a must have accessory for every iphone user! Bravo Mophie!

Cover On:
    cover on.jpg

Cover Off:

cover off.jpg

21. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

Mophie has:
    • Juice Pack Air
    • Juice Pack Plus

When you say "Juice Pack Air Plus", I assume you're referring to the "Juice Pack Plus" and not some product I'm unaware of, right?

I've been wanting to see an unboxing video or some nice shots of the case in person rather than those on the Mophie site, but I haven't been able to find any.

22. xraytech macrumors 68020

Interesting!!!

Don't know what to tell yah. I get Flash Wash every time. What were the lighting conditions whe you shot those two images?

23. 3goldens, Dec 9, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2010

3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

Yes, got my name mixed up corrected!

Here are some shots
    DSC_5332.jpg
    DSC_5291.JPG
    DSC_5345.JPG
    DSC_5339.JPG
    DSC_5359.jpg

24. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

@3goldens: Thank you for posting those pictures, appreciate it. Hmm I'm really considering getting it.

25. jplusc macrumors 6502a

In the picture with the front view of the phone it appears that the case is not completely aligned on the right hand side where the two pieces meet. Is my perception true or it is just the angle that the photo was taken at? That is my only concern, I am really OCD about that for some reason.