mophie juice pack 3g finally shipping!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dizzy13, Nov 6, 2008.

1. dizzy13 macrumors 6502

Well I've been following this mophie release on my blog since I first placed my preorder back in late August. I was finally able to get a release date out of mohpie which was October 1st for preorders before September 9. This has been delayed 2 or 3 times, but the last date they had on the site of November 7th for preorders before the September 9th and November 14th for everyone else is finally sticking!

It is now November 6th (1 day ahead of the new date on the website) and my juice is on the way. I should have it monday and will be reviewing it after putting it through the ringer.

2. DigMe macrumors 6502

Why are people willing to pay $100 for these when there are so many other options that cost half as much or even less?

3. dizzy13 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I have only seen one other product that is similar and half the price, but I had already preordered the mophie so, whatever $50 more.

What I mean by similar product is one that fits like a case on the iPhone and not some obnoxious thing that sticks out from the bottom of it. The iPhone is as much about style as it is a phone, so I find the mophie to be the best middle ground in providing extra juice when out and about while not making it too much thicker and awkward in your pocket.

With all that said I didn't own a previous iPhone or Juice Pack, but it seems like a good fit for me. I won't know for sure until monday though :eek:

4. SnakeD77 macrumors newbie

5. dizzy13 thread starter macrumors 6502

DOH! Look at me trying to be on top of thing preordering it direct and I could have just gone out today and picked one up :rolleyes:

Well technically I don't know if I could yet, but I have an apple store 5 mins from me so I'll go check it out so I can either be happy :D or pissed off :mad:

6. dizzy13 thread starter macrumors 6502

:D

Apple store near me had no idea what I was talking about.

There is another opening about 10 mins from me (vs 5 to the current one) on saturday so I'm going to see what they say.

7. egis macrumors member

Apple Store and Mophie juice pak for 3G IPhone

The Apple Store in Bethesda sells only the Mophie Juice Pak for the Touch...in fact the Store's inventory of IPhone 3G accessories is pretty much limited to Griffin, Incase and iSkin...so do not wast a lot of $$ driving, let your fingers do the walking. http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/icons/icon4.gif

8. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I was going to get a Mophie but couldn't get over the ugly green interior that shows when it's docked :(

9. rjjone2 macrumors newbie

my mophie juice pack is making a noise

hey, just wondering if anyone else has noticed this. I got my mophie in the mail last week and was surprised to find it came precharged. I plugged my phone in and went to bed. The next morning I came to work with my phone in the mophie and noticed it was making a ultra high pitched noise similar to that "mosquito" ringtone that was popular awhile back. I was worried it was my phone so I unplugged it and the noise stopped. As soon as I plugged the phone back in the noise came back. Its really annoying and I keeping hoping it will go away but so far it hasn't. I emailed mophie asking them if it was grounds for an exchange but have not heard from them.

10. dizzy13 thread starter macrumors 6502

No, I haven't heard that noise. I've totally killed the mophie one time and no noise. I would exchange it.

11. Italchef macrumors 6502

I've ordered the new Richard Solo 1800. I watched a few reviews on youtube and I like the fact that I don't need to take the phone out of the case in order to use it. It's a funny kind of setup to have this long train and not the most stable I'm sure, but at work I can just leave it in my desk for an hour to recharge. I'll post my thoughts on it when it arrives.
    Mick

12. str1f3 macrumors 68000

can you use the mophie with the invisible shield on or is it too tight a fit?

13. rjjone2 macrumors newbie

mophie a body guardz

I have a body guardz on my phone and it does fit but it's tight. It makes it difficult to undock the phone once it's in there because the plastic grips so much. I found that you can use a thin flat head screw driver and there is enough space at the bottom to wiggle it in and then pry the phone out of the mophie. I do it very carefully of course.

14. egis macrumors member

has anyone purchased the Battery Pack for iPhone 3G ...it looks very much like the Mophie but cost $35!! and the inside is orange...still a bit loud but not quite as loud as the green Mophie uses.

http://shop.brando.com.hk/prod_detail.php?prod_id=02888&dept_id=006&cat_id=0193

15. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Sounds fun, taking a screwdriver to get the phone out of the batttery pack. Richardsolo for me..

16. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

That is way troublesome in my opinion. Good luck on placing it back and forth.

17. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

For $100 why not consider the new incase power case?

It sells at the apple store too!

18. ericsr macrumors newbie

Noise from back of Juice Pack

I have the same problem. This is the second juice pack as well.