Mophie Juice Pack Air/3GS compatiblility issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by s-i-nn-e-r, Jul 21, 2009.

1. s-i-nn-e-r macrumors newbie

So, I bought a Mophie juice pack air for 80 bucks on July 9th, when I bought my iPhone.I put it on when I got home, and it doesn't charge my iPhone at all, provides no extra battery life, the plastic is misaligned, and my iPhone got stuck in it...My iPhone and the juice pack are now scratched and chipped as a result of me trying to get it out in a panic...:(

Any idea if the 3GS just isn't compatible with the Juice pack Air, or what? Can I get a refund/repair on my iPhone? If it is not in fact compatible, I dodn't get any warning at all from the Apple store tech.

2. s-i-nn-e-r thread starter macrumors newbie

Uhh...some help would be good right now, I don't want to make the hour long drive to the :apple: store for nothing...:p

3. PQTrojan macrumors newbie

My mophie juice pack air works fine with my 3GS and 3G (before I upgraded). You seem to have a bad juice pack air, get an exchange.

4. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

However, given that you waited more than a month and the juicepack air is damaged, they may deny you. And no, you certainly can't get the damage you caused to your phone "in a panic" repaired.

5. PQTrojan macrumors newbie

It hasn't been a month, he got it July 9th and it's still the month of July right now lol. Can you post a pic of the damage done on your iphone?

6. iYellow macrumors member

iYellow

Doesn't frickin' work for me either :mad: Myn sort of twitches from charging to not charging, causing a vibration fit or a crazy replaying of the syncing noise. I want my money back now, this is my 2nd juice pack as the other juice pack did exactly the same thing. Waste of time, money AND effort.

7. UltraZ33 macrumors 6502

UltraZ33

Mine has been working fine. The only time i had a syncing problem was when I connected it to the usb on the MAC keyboard, I simply switched it to the USB ports on the back, and it works just fine. I love my Juice pack Air.

8. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

I just saw the Mophie on the CBS Morning show and it looked decent. Potentially bulky, but I'd like to take a look at it.

I only see one happy person in this thread. Is it worth it or is it a piece of crap?

9. SquareHead macrumors newbie

SquareHead

I bought a Mophie a few weeks ago on the recommendation of my friend. I also didn't notice a big difference with battery life, my iPhone got stuck in the unit, and the Mophie would get very hot when it was on. I took it back 2 days later & got a refund. I did have a few scratches from trying to get my iPhone out of the stupid thing.

10. UltraZ33 macrumors 6502

UltraZ33

The way a lot of people think this should wor. Is getting confused with the Incase power slider. The way that work is supposed to use the extra battery and then the phone battery. The way mophie is supposed to work is use the phone's battery first and then flick the switch on to charge the phone giving it the longer battery life. And yes it's supposed to get warm when it's charging. The same way it gets warm when you charge it regularly. Sorry for the long response. Lol

11. aaorellana macrumors newbie

Mophie Juice Pack Air

I really like my case from Mophie Juice Pack for my iPhone 3Gs. I shoot a lot of video on my iPhone and that really drains the battery so having the ability to charge 1-2 times more while I'm away from a plug is pretty cool. The case is not too bulky, I just wish there was some sort of screen protection. I also do not really like the proprietary charging cable, but I think it is a worthwhile purchase.

12. titaniummd macrumors member

I have tried the Incase Power Slider and Mophie Juice Air.

The Power Slider killed any semblance of signal with repeated testing.

The Air knocked my signal by 1-2 bars where signal was weak but I never saw a drop in signal where there were 5 bars of 3G signal.

Both units make it hard to remove the iPhone.