Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anthony81586

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 15, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

So as I'm looking into the juice pack air, I notice something strange. The one on the mophie site as well as amazons site look different than the one on apples site. The difference I see is on apples site the top seems a bit more open compared to the others.

Does anyone have any insight on this? Which is the newer or better version? Also, I kno this has been brought up, but feel free to post your opinions of the juice pack air as well. Thanks in advance!

BrianSoCal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2011
Houston, TX
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

So as I'm looking into the juice pack air, I notice something strange. The one on the mophie site as well as amazons site look different than the one on apples site. The difference I see is on apples site the top seems a bit more open compared to the others.

Does anyone have any insight on this? Which is the newer or better version? Also, I kno this has been brought up, but feel free to post your opinions of the juice pack air as well. Thanks in advance!

The apple version is the better version in my opinion. The Amazon/Best Buy version has a piece that slides down on top, and another one that slides on the bottom.

The Apple version has an open top, with only a sliding piece on the bottom, a better design with less "moving parts". I almost bought one at BB before realizing that the Apple version was the updated version.

Anthony81586

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 15, 2011

Thanks for the response. Apples version it is.
Also, are you happy with the juice pack air? Have you noticed any of the major complaints eg; the micro USB port being cheaply made or loose? And the battery life losing its charge faster after just a month of use?

BrianSoCal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2011
Houston, TX

Thanks for the response. Apples version it is.
Also, are you happy with the juice pack air? Have you noticed any of the major complaints eg; the micro USB port being cheaply made or loose? And the battery life losing its charge faster after just a month of use?

I am very happy with the case, no problems with the build quality and the iPhone 4S has only been out for a week, so I can't make any battery assumptions other then the case works very well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.