mophie juice pack air thoughts?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jplusc, Nov 7, 2010.

1. jplusc macrumors 6502a

Just curious those of you that have it are you happy with it? I figured people have had time to use them for a bit and form a solid opinion. I am interested in using it as my daily case and of course backup battery.

I should have noted in the title that i am interested in the iPhone 4 version.

Thanks for any input.

2. Brandon Heat macrumors regular

i would rather use a lower screen brightness and keep the slimmer profile for my uses.... i had bought one and while its physical form isnt that bad.... it was still too much for me for how much extra juice it had provided...i found that it would consistantly only bring me to 85% from 20%

3. Tomple macrumors 6502a

Tomple

20 to 85 isnt too bad
    How much bulk did it FEEL like it added

4. iRen macrumors newbie

I'm a power user and absolutely love mine. 7 hrs of Panrora, emails and many texts with a few calls throughout the workday and my 20% at 4pm becomes 85% by 5pm and the rest of the evening I may get back to 40% if my wife doesn't hog the iPad. Yes it does add some bulk but i think it also adds some extra grippyness to the back. I also love that I don't need to cup my hands under the speakers to get louder sound anymore, the JPA does it for me. I also like that other iPhone users say "wow is that an iPhone 4" when they see me on it and when I show them the JPA and light up the LEDs on the bottom they have all said that looks fat, but cool lol.

5. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

I had one for my 3GS and found that I only used it rarely. It added a fair amount of bulk which made it unattractive to use every day. And, it didn't double the battery life of the iPhone, despite the claims on the box. It would give me an extra 50% to 75% at best but not a complete full charge and it sounds like the version for the iPhone 4 is no better in this respect.

6. A684TTQARX7 macrumors member

A684TTQARX7

Well you can count me in the camp that's very satisfied w/the Mophie JPA for iP4 . Granted I don't use it day in/out, but for those long plane rides & even those longer airport delays all I can say is I'm "Juiced". :cool:

7. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

Been using mine for 6 weeks and can't imagine being without it now. I don't use it as a top up but have it on all the time so it uses the juice pack power first then switches to the phone battery when it is depleted. The added size, weight just doesn't bother me in fact I prefer it and find it much more comfortable to use and hold, its sturdy, well built and offers great protection.

Prior to using it I frequently had to plug in before the end of the day to get me through. I haven't tested so I don't know exactly how much extra uptime it gives me I just know no matter what I throw at it long gaming sessions, lots of browsing, email, messaging, google maps, music, camera the works I have not seen a 20% warning since I started using it.