Mophie Juice Pack Air vs. Ivyskin Smartcase

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by -tWv-, May 26, 2010.

1. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

I want to be able to increase the battery life of my iPhone 3GS, and I am debating between the Mophie Juice Pack Air and the Ivyskin Smartcase. According to their websites, both cases would have an equivalent effect on the life of my battery and the prices are the same, so I was wondering if anyone else had experience with either case, and could recommend one over the other. If the functionality of both is the same, then it seems like the mophie juice pack air might be the better choice because it looks a little better, but any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

fartheststar

I like my mophie. Never used the other one. Does what it says it does.

3. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I use a Mophie on my 3Gs. Haven't heard of the other one nor used another one.

Overall I'm satisfied, but wouldn't go so far as to say happy. It will take the 3Gs from 40-50% to a full charge, but that's about it. It works. I mean I can seriously use the heck out of my phone, flip the switch and go from 5am in the morning until midnight with 20-25% left to go. Not bad. I came from a Blackberry however, where I really could use the heck out of it for 2-3 days between charging.

It serves me as I actually like a little larger and heavier phone. Naked the iPhone is not ergonomically good in my hands. Not the 3Gs anyway. I also like the little extra protection from drops. My Gs has had 3-4 hard drops from waist hight onto indoor industrial carpet. Padded, but not much. Zero issues.

The only downside from the above drops is you will crack the Mophie case along the very thin portion of the top half near the front of the volume controls. I'm gluing mine for the 4th time tonight.

Overall I give it a 7 out of 10. I am considering another brand or type of charging case thus why I found this thread.