Mophie Juice Pack Air Windows Failure

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by hchavarria, Sep 19, 2009.

1. hchavarria macrumors 6502

I just bought myself a Mophie Juice Pack Air and when I plug it in my 64-bit Vista it says USB Device not recognized. If I plug it into the wall the iPhone fails to charge. I exchanged it at Apple Store and the second one has the same problem. Anyone out there have similar issues?

2. ihonda macrumors 68000

friend has one.. it works under windows 7 64bit, i cant speak for vista but all you should be doing is charging it via usb

3. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

On the back is a switch that either charges the iphone or just the Air.

4. dsampley macrumors regular

dsampley

I have seen where the USB connector is faulty at
    times. Also have you tried plugging into different USB ports on your pc?

5. ck37 macrumors newbie

I went through five of them and none were able to sync to the computer.
    found one that did sync but one out of five aren't great numbers for quality control.

6. hchavarria thread starter macrumors 6502

I went through three of them, the "Genius" at apple even tried it on their laptops and had the same issue, after three tries I gave up and got my money back. Now i'm in the hunt for a similar product, I really want one that doubles as a case because I don't want to be carrying around another product to charge my phone, I want a case like product becasue it would always be there when needed. I even tried it on my wifes 3GS and it had the same problem. All three of them would also refuse to charge the iPhone throug the USB cable.

If you guys know of any other similar product it would be great. I have tried the Monster Cable charging case but the velcro runs out real quick (under 10 days on mine) so the case would always open. I tried the power slider but it would mess with my reception and caused missed calls because of it.

7. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

Try the incase version. You can also pick it up at the apple store. it does add a tiny bit of thickness compared to the mophie though.

8. kaboomgg macrumors newbie

mophie juice pack HP laptop and USB Device not recognized

Just both the mophie juice pack ~ plugged it in the USB for the First change.. and received that pop up about "USB Device not recognized" I let it be,,
    I turned on MSN to communicate via build in Cam on my HP laptop model G60 -233ca ~ the cam no longer works ( just black) th is cam worked all the time is is set as a USB device ( although it is not physically connected to any USB.. I unplugged the USB~ mophie juice.. and the usb error keep on poping up.. did a complete shutdown.. the problem still persist..
    any clue ? how to correct the USB Issue
    thanks

9. rctodd macrumors newbie

mophie juice pack and USB Device not recognized

Iphone is very touchy. Use a USB extension cable and suddenly Iphone wont charge or sync. Add the juice pack and problem gets worse.
    I have no problem with my HP laptop recognizing the juice pack and syncing with the computer. It is Vista 32 bit. My dell is vista 64 bit and it will not, under any circumstances sync using the juice pack. It will sync using the Iphone adapter that came with the Iphone if I connect it directly to the computer USB . (not via an external hub) Not sure of difference. I am sure one problem is with Vista 64. And the proprietary issue with the Iphone.