Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcorbin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
D.C.
i tried the apple battery case but found that for the money I wanted more battery. In addition the silicone was just too annoying to keep clean.

I decided to get a mophie juice pack air. My question is since the apple battery case charges all the time is that something that is ok to do with the mophie? Mophie's site says to only charge it when the battery gets low and stop at 80%.

bks

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2015
I don't know about that but is anyone having trouble removing the juice pack air from the iPhone 6? I can't get mine off

roniphon

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2015
I don't know about that but is anyone having trouble removing the juice pack air from the iPhone 6? I can't get mine off

In this case that would be better to visit local center so people will have a look there at what you need or have to do.

jcorbin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
D.C.

I've read reviews that say it's pretty tight. Even harder to get off the 6s :-(

tsevince

macrumors regular
May 19, 2015
I find it's fine to do with the Apple case because it charges at a slower rate, therefore not overheating the battery or phone. With Mophies and other cases, it feels like they're trying to charge your phone as quick as possible, therefore pushing as much power through the cable and my iPhone always heats up. I'd avoid doing it with Mophie's - but that's just my experience.

jcorbin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
D.C.
Since posting this I did some more digging and found a forum thread on imore. Several individuals were claiming that leaving the case on all the time yielded more battery life from the case. I also found that mophie has digital power management build into the case. This should protect the phone from ever getting too much charge. My concern is with leaving the phone on a charger indefinitely for all intents and purposes. I have yet to go through an entire mophie charge. So my phone will rarely, if ever, use its own power.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.