Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
I don't have this nor an iPhone 5. But what I didn't like about the 4S version is if you dropped it on the charging corner, good luck getting it to work again. I like how they finally got smart and integrated it with the phone itself.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Haven't even had my shipped email yet, tsk tsk, although they did say "ship by 14th" so the window hasn't passed yet (ordered on 5th Feb).

ToyGun1

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2012
Haven't even had my shipped email yet, tsk tsk, although they did say "ship by 14th" so the window hasn't passed yet (ordered on 5th Feb).

Same here still waiting for my shipped email order on the 6th feb.

ellergek

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2010
You cannot sync data via the USB cable - it only charges the juice pack and your phone. I received mine yesterday and the overall fit and quality are excellent. Also, it comes with a 3" headphone adapter because the jack is so deeply recessed in the juice pack - nice touch by Mophie to iniclude this. Having said that, I would prefer more power, such as the 2000 ma's in the old Juice Pack Plus. I do also have the external Powerstation Pro which is 6000 ma's for my iPad and it is great - it will charge am iPad and iPhone simultaneously.

kovey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2011
Probably, why not? There is usually not an issue with that. I carry mine with me everywhere in a little shoulder bag That has iPhone accessories, lasers, plus my headphones and this battery pack. That 6000 mAh battery pack will charge your iPhone at least three times before you have to charge the battery pack again, it is well worth it. Especially if you know you're going to be away from a power source for any period of time like during a day hike or camping or other activity.

I have a battery pack as well, 5000 mAh, but paid $28 at monoprice, instead of $100 from mophie for basically the same thing.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
USPS just dropped mine off. I like it but I really hate micro USB guarantee I break it. I also don't like how there are spacers around the back of the phone which will most likely let more dirt in to scratch the phone. It's charging now well see how the main function works.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360874761.970459.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360874778.856167.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360874790.669281.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360874808.747459.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360874919.801861.jpg

matneh

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2008
Got mine yesterday too. Nice fit, but I'm not a big fan of how big it makes my phone now, and adding the headphone extender is crazy, because the idea was supposed to be not require any additional cables because the battery is part of the case! Now I have to carry around this headphone extender. And by the way, stock earpods do fit into that channel, but it is really a struggle to send the cable down that tunnel and get it to mate with the phone. I think you would be better served taking the lower section off, putting the audio jack into the tunnel, connecting it to your phone, and then connecting the lower section to the upper section.

As others have mentioned, the Micro USB connector only charges the battery, it does not sync. It's a shame, because Apple can make a Micro USB adapter that syncs and charges, but I think they are restricting OEMs from doing the same thing.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Anyone who preordered early Feb outside the US not had their shipping email yet? Still not had the shipped email yet, slightly annoying considering they took the money immediately (Feb 5th) and said it'd be shipped by Feb 14th. Never really expected delivery till the end of the month anyway (UK) but some sign of progress would be nice.

ToyGun1

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2012
Anyone who preordered early Feb outside the US not had their shipping email yet? Still not had the shipped email yet, slightly annoying considering they took the money immediately (Feb 5th) and said it'd be shipped by Feb 14th. Never really expected delivery till the end of the month anyway (UK) but some sign of progress would be nice.

Hello, Same here no shipping email ordered on the 6th Feb.
But this morning my Helium case arrived early morning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.