Mophie Juice Pack Helium - slippery?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dh34992, Feb 18, 2013.

1. dh34992 macrumors newbie

Does anyone find the new Mophie Juice Pack Helium for iPhone 5 too slippery?

I had the Juice Pack for iPhone 4 and it was more tacky on the back.

Just wondering if other members are experiencing the same thing? I'm thinking of returning it now. I fear I will drop my phone.

2. millerhifi macrumors regular

It does seem a little slippery at times despite the soft grip surface. Doesn't bother me enough to want to return it though.

3. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Just ordered one. I'll let you know when it comes. However it's not something I'm likely to use on a daily basis. I like to have it for when I go on business trips (away from charger access and using the phone much more heavily than normal).

4. yegon macrumors 68020

It is slightly less grippy than my old juice pack air but not enough that it bothers me. I'm away from the mains 12 hours plus every day so its a godsend, finally I don't have to cart around my Vita battery pack and lightning cable :)

5. JUSTQUAN macrumors member

How did you receive your's early?

6. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

I thought it was ok. Not too slippery but not too grippy. It never got caught in my jeans.

I will say that I didn't think it was that comfortable to use. The weight felt a little off and I hate the deep cutouts for the buttons. Covered buttons could have gone a long way with this case.

7. yegon, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013

yegon macrumors 68020

I signed up to be notified when it's available, so got the chance to order it on Feb 5th.

I agree somewhat with rapaleeman, the buttons are recessed a bit too much. Doesn't bother me that much though as I'm jailbroke and use Activator shortcuts for lots of stuff like sleep etc.

8. gaynel13 macrumors newbie

I am totally worried about my mophie now that I just bought it today. I had an Otterbox and it was nice and now I have this mophie and I'm worried!.