Mophie Juice Pack Plus/Air and car stereo?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by D1G1T4L, Apr 10, 2011.

1. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Thinking about picking up a Mophie Juice Pack and was wondering if the supplied cable will work with a car stereo USB iPhone/iPod input? I see they say you can still sync with iTunes with the cable but does it also work in the car?

2. TigerBabe macrumors 6502

Are you wanting to charge your Mophie in the car? If so it takes awhile to charge the Mophie up full to begin with using a regular wall charger.

3. D1G1T4L thread starter macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

I'm wanting to use my iPhone with my car stereo. Right now I have a USB connection that I use a standard iPod/iPad/iPhone cable. I'm able to play my music and charge my phone at the same time. The stereo also controls the iPhone so I can change songs or podcasts from the headunit. I'm just wondering while using the mophie I will lose this ability.

4. mophienick macrumors newbie

It works!

Yes, it will totally work, I have my Juice Pack plugged into my car charger whenever I'm driving.

5. D1G1T4L thread starter macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Thanks MophieNick!

6. mophienick macrumors newbie

Not what I thought you meant

Hey I just want to clarify, that you will not be able to control your car stereo iPhone controls when connected through the Juice Pack. I thought you just were wondering if it would charge the phone in the car while connected to the Juice Pack, so I wanted to follow up just to clarify.

Thanks,

Nick

7. D1G1T4L thread starter macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Nick,
    I picked up the Juice Pack Plus and it works perfect with my car stereo. I pluged in the supplied cable to the USB port in my car and I'm able to control my iPhone with my car stereo controls just as if I wasn't using the case. It also charges so I am 100% pleased with my purchase.

Great job and LOVE the case.