Mophie Juice Pack Plus Battery Life!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TigerBabe, Apr 1, 2011.

1. TigerBabe macrumors 6502

I just bought the MJPP for iphone 4 last week and I charged it up all the way and used it to charge my phone from 2% to 100% one time and it only showed one light of power on the bottom. Isn't this device supposed to last longer or is it my imagination? In other words should a full iphone charge drain my Mophie?

2. Walse macrumors member

Energy is lost during the charging process through heat. So you won't get the full 2000Mah. I have one too, it's the same.

3. TigerBabe thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanx for replying that kind of sucks though I mean for $99 dollars I would think I could get more than one charge out of it before having to charge it up again.

4. Walse macrumors member

In fact you do get more then 1 full charge from the JP Plus.

One full charge, from 20% on the iPhone, and another say about 50% max on the second charge before plugging the JP Plus to the socket.

Hope this helps. :)

5. Chungdae macrumors newbie

I've gotten one full charge from 1% to 100% and then from 50% to 68% with bluetooth and wifi on, brightness to 100%, and email set to push with the setting set to manual. I used the phone lightly as I let it charge. Sporadic email checks, internet usage, and the occasional words with friends usage. I noticed that even when you get a "full charge," the case really isn't fully charged. I also noticed you have to actually charge it a few times to get a absolute FULL charge.

6. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

That sounds about right.

7. TigerBabe thread starter macrumors 6502

8. mophienick macrumors newbie

Truth you speak

The JP plus usually gives you just a bit more than a full charge for your iPhone. The way to get the longest life out of the juice pack and your iPhone, is to charge the phone with the juice pack when the phone gets down to 20% and switch off the JP when the phone reaches 80%. You'll also get the most charge if you don't use the phone while it's charging.

Here's a tip for iPhone 4 users, you can display the % of power remaining on your iphone where the battery logo is located at the top right corner of your screen. To do this, go to settings > general > usage, and switch battery percentage to off. Hope this info helps!

If you feel like you're having technical issues or have any technical questions, feel free to shoot our tech support team an email, they'll be glad to answer any questions: ts@mophie.com