Mophie Juice Pack Plus- New Version?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by fullfrontal, Jul 11, 2012.

1. fullfrontal macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I was at the Apple store a few minutes ago and noticed the Mophie Juice Pack Plus for sale. The thing is, there seems to be a new version out. I noticed right away that the top part of the case is completely cut out (easier access to power button and ear phone jack). I did some searching and know that the Apple store has their own version of the Juice Pack Air, but I didn't know they had their own version of the Plus. Here are some images from the Apple Site:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H9438ZM/A

Has anyone had any experience with this version? Any other difference when compared to the old one? Quality?

2. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

It's the exact same as the one on mophie's site but it is a snap on the back design versus a slider since apple doesn't allow slider cases to be sold through them.

3. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

No it isn't the same as the standard Plus.

It is the same as the Juice Pack Air Apple Edition except it has covers for the volume buttons, the impact resistant band around the sides but not the top, and the bigger 2000 mAh battery.

I have the regular Juice Pack Plus and it not only is a slider case, but it also covers the entire metal band and the power button has a button built into the top. It also seems more protective and slightly heavier.

Here is Mophie's press release from their blog :"http://sportmusictech.com/2012/06/20/our-new-juice-pack-plus-snap-hits-apple-stores-today/".

4. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Dailysteals.com had this case up for sale for $30 Monday and I ordered one each for me and the wife. The only difference is that the one DS sold had the entire phone covered which we prefer anyhow.

5. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

Yes it is the same as the plus and is a snap on the back style versus a slider. All snap on the back cases have open top portions so it can flex to snap on the back. With that being said, obviously it doesn't have a covered top button because the top is open. It snaps on the back and there is a small piece on the bottom (30 pin connector end) that slides on to complete the case. Similar to the apple version of the air as mentioned above.

6. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

You completely contradicted yourself but that is cool. You can't call something one thing and then describe it as something that is completely different. Both versions of the Plus achieve the same end goal just in two totally seperate ways. They are different.

I have actually put the case on my phone and it does not feel like the standard Juice Pack Plus at all. It is actually a little lighter though slightly off balance due to the top being exposed and having the heavier battery installed. The bottom piece also removes to allow for docking or syncing with the 30 pin (if that is your thing). The Apple version of the Plus also seems less protective as more of the phone is actually exposed though the freedom to plug any headphones in due to an open top is nice.

It is, for all intents and purposes, a different case. Same way the Juice Pack Air Apple Edition is a completely different case from the standard Juice Pack Air. It shares more in common with the JPA Apple Edition than the standard Juice Pack Plus.

7. kokhean macrumors regular

They are exactly the same other than the snap on thing, which makes the phone a little heavier on the top.

8. dinggus macrumors 65816

Sorry for bring up an old topic, but I just bought mine from Dailysteals, and it's damaged big time. Looks like it was dropped by the charging port, it charges my phone but I plugged it in over night and it wouldn't charge my phone unless I had the case turned on (unless that's suppose to be like that), I wake up and the case battery is at 1 LED. I plug the case into my iMac and iTunes doesn't detect the phone (isn't it suppose to do that).

How was your purchase?

9. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

No issues with mine. My wife dropped and broke hers.

10. dinggus macrumors 65816

I really want one, but I'm going to return it and just get the phonesuit one. Reviews are saying its charges more and has 1 LED light left, and it looks more like a phone case.

I do like the Mophie, I just wish mine actually charged up and synced with iTunes.

11. DanUC6 macrumors 6502a

DanUC6

At least you guys can complain about something. Still waiting for the 5 version. :(

12. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I contacted Mophie to get hers replaced and never received a reply after I gave them the serial for it. I still have it at home.