Mophie juice pack plus or Phone suite elite

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Mkostera16, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Mkostera16 macrumors member

looking for a battery case for my iPhone 4s. Any recommendations? I did some searching and the juice pack plus and phone suite elite seemed to be the most popular

2. riseboi macrumors member

Check out the boostcase hybrid. I just got mine last week, but really like it so far. If you google it, I believe there a few reviews on it.

3. Atomant669 macrumors regular

exogear's exolife?

----------

Ok I'm sorry I should've read your header. Of the two, I would pick mophie.

4. gemnilocs macrumors 6502

gemnilocs

I have had the mophie juice pack since October and I still love it...I usually change cases but I am happy with this purchase. I got it in red which is great because a few people at work have gotten the case but all of them have it in black. I like not having to worry about battery life and it protects the phone well too.

5. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

I would definitely recommend purchasing the Mophie juice pack air or plus. Either one is amazing. I've owned mine for just over a month now and I love it. I use to normally switch my cases every couple days, but ever since I purchased my Mophie, I have not tried on another case.

6. breakerboy89 macrumors newbie

Tough one...

Ive had both, right now I have the phone suit. Cheaper than mophie bigger battery faster charge and a thinner overall design. They send extra pieces in case anything breaks, and I even dropped it in the river a while back and they sent me a new one free of charge no questions asked. Either one you decide, a battery case is a genus idea. It has saved my butt so many times!

7. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I'm just curious. I have a Red Mophie Air too. I was cleaning my 4S the other day and noticed the silver banding on the sides were marked. The best way to describe this is if you constantly slide in and out the 4S from the bottom piece, it will rub and leave a scraping track. Does your iPhone have this track mark. Mine isn't that noticeable as I've had both only 2 1/2 months, but I can see it being an issue. I can't tell if the inside of the Mophie is painted. I should have cleaned the insides first to get rid of any particle residues from manufacturing before using it on the 4S.

8. Big Dawg 23 macrumors regular

Phone Suite has smaller battery than the Mophie Juice Pack Plus. Mophie is 2000MaH and Phone Suite is 1500mah.

I have had the Mophie Juice Pack Plus for almost a year. It gets my 4S easily through a day of heavy use. The nice thing is the enhanced speaker it created at the bottom. Also the abilty to have a standard usb charging port.

9. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I'm going to put in a vote for the Tekkeon MyPower. I know it wasn't mentioned in the first post but I think it deserves consideration. I actually had the Mophie Juice Pack Air (the version they sell at the Apple store) but found it to be too heavy and bulky. I wanted something that would still allow me to dock my phone and the Tekkeon was the only one that fit the bill. It's slimmer and lighter than the Mophie and it feels much better in my hand too. If you don't care about dockability there are many options but if you'd like to be able to dock your phone, the Tekkeon is great.

10. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

I personally have had both mophies and currently have the plus as well as the incipio offgrid. Honestly, the Mophie juice pack plus is too bulky IMO. And both the offgrid and the juice pack plus give about the same battery life in my experiences. And the offgrid is thinner and looks more slick. It's also 1500 mah and the plus is 2000 mah but doesn't show it IMO.

11. Mkostera16 thread starter macrumors member

I like the design of this case a lot. There's so many cases to pick from its hard to make a choice

12. breakerboy89 macrumors newbie

Uh?

I may have been mistaken but it's the phone suit elite. I don't see another one being made and the battery is 2100mah not 1500mah

13. Big Dawg 23 macrumors regular

You are correct I misread it. Here is information from the website.

The iPhone 4 has an internal battery rated at a 1420 mAh capacity. So does this mean a new 1500 mAh battery pack can provide an iPhone with ample power for a full charge? No, actually It does not. All external battery packs lose some energy when powering USB devices. There is typically a 65% to 70% efficiency in this charging process. The PhoneSuit Elite’s high quality lithium-ion polymer cells deliver up to a 70% efficiency rating when powering your iPhone. Along with its 2100mah internal battery, that’s is more than enough to provide a true 100% iPhone charge. Take a look and compare battery packs with the informative battery efficiency chart on the left.

14. Atomant669 macrumors regular

I have the exolife case. If you decide on purchasing it you have to know this is not the do it all utility battery cases. mophies I believe are much more tougher then the exolife but what I like about it is the design and executive look and feel.

15. xdbuix macrumors 6502

another vote for Mophie juice pack. Like someone said, look into boost case too. Those have really high ratings on amazon. I was stuck between the boostcase and mophie, but decided on Mophie because of the awesome colors.

16. Mkostera16 thread starter macrumors member

Did you get the plus or the air?

17. vietalogy macrumors 6502

I have the boostcase hybrid and still too bulky for me. I've tried almost every battery case that is out and bulkiness gets to me after a day.

18. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

I've been using the Mophie Juice Pack Plus for almost a month now, and I really like it. My iPhone 4 battery doesn't last as long as it used to anymore, so this case is essential for me. It's worked great so far. It does add some size to the iPhone, but I've gotten used to it, and my phone does feel protected in the case.

19. iNurse11 macrumors newbie

i just purchased the mophie plus.... so far I real like it. /like the protection and the coverage of battery life!!

20. NewYork88 macrumors member

NewYork88

Agree,hands down the BoostCase Hybrid !

21. dwa2011 macrumors regular

dwa2011

my phone suit elite is great. it feels good in my hand, thinner, easy to charge and its cheaper than mophie. i personally have really enjoyed my phone suite elite. (heres a review i did on mine.)

If that doesn't work. the SolMate is coming out soon and it looks awesome!! It'll be aluminum, with a solar panel on the back covered with gorilla glass. just another option! good luck deciding!

22. BiggKev macrumors newbie

I have had both

I had the Mophie for almost 9 months and I noticed the charge not holding as it did when I first got it. I also had problems with the usb port being loose. and affecting the charge. This is why I went out and picked up the phone suit.

I noticed a definite difference in the feel and weight.(phonesuit is lighter) and feels better in hand. its also a tad bit smaller in height as well as width. Also my phonesuit's charge lasts well over a day. I never got that from my mophie, ever. I bought a Mophie for my wife and she too barely gets through the day...

I am riding with phonesuit..for now :)

23. 4G.eek macrumors newbie

PhoneSuit > Mophie, anyday, anytime!

For having had both, I gotta say, I've found the PhoneSuit to be a lot better than the Mophie.

Faster charging, $20 less and a less bulky look, I don't even know what there is to discuss :confused: !
    Some people mentioned that the top part of the Elite sometimes got off unexpectedly, when you pull the phone out of the pocket or so, but it has never happened to me (these people probably wear super tight jeans... ;).

I'm definitely a PhoneSuit fan, I even bought my girlfriend a Phonesuit external battery for Android. Even though it's not a case, it still works great for her.

24. Mkostera16 thread starter macrumors member

Appreciate it man. I'm going to try and order one this weekend :)

25. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

Faster charging is not an advantage, it's bad for the iPhone battery life. The faster you charge the battery, the sooner your iPhone battery looses it's full charge capacity. Since faster charging is incorrectly equated with being "better," though, there are plenty of companies that advertise their products to be much faster at charging. This is a gimmick. Mophies cost more for better quality charging.

I personally like the Mophie juice pack plus as a case as well. Read the amazon reviews for the Mophies and for the Phone suit and I think you'll see that it's a no-brainer.