Mophie juice pack?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jetblk328i, Jan 19, 2011.

1. jetblk328i macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hey guys what's everybody's take on the mophie juice packs? Good and effective? Is the extra 500mah worth the extra 20 dollars going from air to plus?

2. jetblk328i thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Open to advice on other brands. Just looking for affordable and powerful.

3. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

4. k1ite macrumors newbie

k1ite

For a battery case it's actually pretty impressive. I purchased the black with Yellow border and it's been holding up quite well. I accidentally dropped the phone once with the case on and it is still going strong. The bulk isn't too bad when you think about it's 2000mAh and the grip helps a lot if you have a larger hand. Getting used to carrying around a micro charger but honestly at my work everyone has an android so it's actually easier for me to find a charger where I work than trying to find an iPod charger.

If you have the extra money, grab yourself the "Plus" version which gives you a bit more juice and the nice color band surrounding the edges of the case if you like a bit more color. Good luck on finding the right case for you!

5. dagored macrumors 65816

Read the review posted. Pretty accurate. I have had the JPA since its release. With a code I got it for about $67/shipped.

I like the recessed buttons. I am a klutz and I can see the phone turning on in my pocket with the new top button on the Plus. Again, its just me. The recessed buttons are to my liking. Others may disagree.

I have gone 4 days without a charge. However, if you have the extra $20 go for the Plus. I, however, would buy the Air and pocket the $20 because it fits my needs.

6. jetblk328i thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the help guys!

I think I will be choosing the plus! However, i would like to see the incipio battery case they had at CES.

7. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I went through at least 3 of the JPA's on my iPhone 3G. The microUSB port was crap and it would break and stop charging. Maybe they've fixed this on the IP4 version, but I'm pretty bent against Mophie on these things.

8. rickreiko macrumors newbie

I love my juice pack air. It's a great case and really does feel like it adds to much bulk. It feels natural in the hand. I've become more accustomed to having the case on that without it my iPhone feels weird.

9. dreiz macrumors newbie

Mophie Juice Pack Air for iphone 4 is a great product. I have and use it all the time since the battery on smart phones these days are not effective at all (1 day use the most). JPA lets me use it for 2-3 days without a charge. Few weeks ago we had a huge snowstorm here in NY and i got stuck on trains for about few hours and had to make my way home and my phone was about to die but jpa kept it alive while i got directions. I think its a great product since the casing is comfortable and is not too flashy. Im not afraid to hold my phone like when i was when it was without a case. I was also in a dillemma of buying either JPA or JP+ and i think u dont need an extra bulk on the phone and regular JP+ black is not very pleasant to look at imo. JPA is nice, black and red are matte covered so its soft in the back, white JPA is plastic and will definetly be usefull for a white iphone4.
    Id recommend it to anyone with a good screen protector for the front. I just ordered power support for myself.
    Enjoy

10. PaulChowHK macrumors regular

Holy smokes is that what they selling for. 2 months ago I buy one for my boss for 200rmb about $32USD I think. He very happy