Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aleesara01

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
Does anyone use the mophie juice pack plus case as their everyday case? I like the look that it gives the phone but I don't necessarily need the extra power every single day. Would it be safe to use the case on standby mode everyday and only turn on the power when I needed occasionally? Also, being that the screen is pretty flush with the edges of the case, will it provide any front protection?
I appreciate your thoughts, thank you in advance.

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
I have been using a Mophie Juice Pack Plus as my everyday case for the past month as I have been away from a charger longer everyday. I don't kick it on everyday, but I like knowing that I can get some juice when I need it.

It is fine to do this in my experience and according to Mophie themselves, topping up the case is fine and won't hurt the internal battery. Meaning that if you don't use the Juice Pack or only use a small bit of juice from it, sticking it on the charger at then end of the day is ok.

The front has a small lay on the table meaning that the glass does not touch the surface when laid face down. I would recommend a screen protector and you will be fine. The Plus is pretty solid. The Air is fine too, but doesn't have covered buttons. I prefer the covered buttons and the little extra battery life has come in handy.

The Plus will fully charge the phone from dead and still have a little extra. The Air that I have doesn't fully charge the phone and when I do need a charge, I prefer to fully charge my phone.

Hope that helps.

aleesara01

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
I have been using a Mophie Juice Pack Plus as my everyday case for the past month as I have been away from a charger longer everyday. I don't kick it on everyday, but I like knowing that I can get some juice when I need it.

It is fine to do this in my experience and according to Mophie themselves, topping up the case is fine and won't hurt the internal battery. Meaning that if you don't use the Juice Pack or only use a small bit of juice from it, sticking it on the charger at then end of the day is ok.

The front has a small lay on the table meaning that the glass does not touch the surface when laid face down. I would recommend a screen protector and you will be fine. The Plus is pretty solid. The Air is fine too, but doesn't have covered buttons. I prefer the covered buttons and the little extra battery life has come in handy.

The Plus will fully charge the phone from dead and still have a little extra. The Air that I have doesn't fully charge the phone and when I do need a charge, I prefer to fully charge my phone.

Hope that helps.

It does. Thanks!!

macuserjhs

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2010
do you know the size difference between the air and the plus? is the plus a big difference in size?

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
do you know the size difference between the air and the plus? is the plus a big difference in size?

On their website there is the official dimensions but in hand it is roughly the same size. The plus is ever so slightly thicker in the middle when laid next to each other. In the hand they feel the same since the backs are curved like the iPhone 3GS. In reality that is how it feels which is the reason I like the Mophie over the other battery cases.

The Plus weighs slightly more on paper but when comparing both an air in one hand and a plus in the other, they feel about the same. The difference is minimal and to me not noticeable. After a day of use anyway, it feels on par with using the phone with an Otterbox in terms of weight.

I prefer the Plus for the reasons above and just the simple fact that it feels more solid to me. I have a bunch of battery cases. I have, off the top of my head, a Powerskin, Phone Suit, some generic one from eBay, a Case-mate piece of crap, and the offGrid from Incipio. The Mophie Plus is the best of the bunch in terms of a trade off of feel, weight, and overall function in my opinion.

It isn't the thinnest/lightest of the bunch (that is the offGrid) but it will and has survived some rough stuff and just feels good in the hand. It feels like a slightly bigger 3GS and to me that is fine. I personally hate the iPhone 4 naked.

studmule

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2010
The plus is also grippier than the air is. To me, the air was a little too slippery.

Enrico

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2007
Milano / Roma
On their website there is the official dimensions but in hand it is roughly the same size. The plus is ever so slightly thicker in the middle when laid next to each other. In the hand they feel the same since the backs are curved like the iPhone 3GS. In reality that is how it feels which is the reason I like the Mophie over the other battery cases.

The Plus weighs slightly more on paper but when comparing both an air in one hand and a plus in the other, they feel about the same. The difference is minimal and to me not noticeable. After a day of use anyway, it feels on par with using the phone with an Otterbox in terms of weight.

I prefer the Plus for the reasons above and just the simple fact that it feels more solid to me. I have a bunch of battery cases. I have, off the top of my head, a Powerskin, Phone Suit, some generic one from eBay, a Case-mate piece of crap, and the offGrid from Incipio. The Mophie Plus is the best of the bunch in terms of a trade off of feel, weight, and overall function in my opinion.

It isn't the thinnest/lightest of the bunch (that is the offGrid) but it will and has survived some rough stuff and just feels good in the hand. It feels like a slightly bigger 3GS and to me that is fine. I personally hate the iPhone 4 naked.

What do you prefer of the Mophie Plus, compared to the PhoneSuit?

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
What do you prefer of the Mophie Plus, compared to the PhoneSuit?

I like the feel and shape of the Plus. I like the covered buttons, and the fact that it does offer some drop protection. Yes, the grip is really nice too. The matte back and rubbery bumper areas make it feel great in the hand, yet still small enough to fit in a pair of tight jeans.

The Phone Suit, like the offGrid just felt cheap to me. I also didn't like that there was creaking where the pieces come together around the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.