Mophie Launches New Charging Solutions, Including 3-in-1 Mat for iPhone, AirPods, and Apple Watch

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 9, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Mophie today announced two new multi-device wireless charging mats and two car chargers, all of which are now available on Apple.com and Mophie.com.

[​IMG]

The first product is the Dual Wireless Charging Pad ($79.95, above right), which can charge compatible iPhones and AirPods simultaneously. The accessory also includes a USB-A port to charge a third device through a wired connection.

Mophie has also launched the 3-in-1 Wireless Charging Pad ($139.95, above left), which charges an iPhone, AirPods, and Apple Watch in one place. The accessory features a perch for Apple Watch and recessed cavity for AirPods.

The two car chargers include the USB-C Car Charger ($24.95), with a single USB-C port and high-speed 18W power delivery output, as well as the Dual USB Car Charger ($29.95). This device has one USB-C 18W port and one USB-A 12W port.

Head to Mophie's website to check out each new product. The company confirmed that it will begin selling the new wireless charging mats and car chargers in select Apple stores beginning next week.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Mophie. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Article Link: Mophie Launches New Charging Solutions, Including 3-in-1 Mat for iPhone, AirPods, and Apple Watch

2. rjp1 macrumors regular

The 3 in 1 charger looks nice, but it is priced about $100 too high.

3. dan9700 macrumors 68030

dan9700

I just brought the 3in1 might not keep it I’ll try it out looks nice tho

Attached Files:

4. Veinticinco macrumors 6502a

Veinticinco

C’mon, we’re all thinking it. Every time one of these similar 3-in-1s appear. The failure known as AirPower.

5. H3LL5P4WN macrumors 68020

H3LL5P4WN

Since my Slice Charge's don't seem like they'll ever ship, this is definitely on my radar.

6. lenard macrumors 6502

Where? not on the website yet.......

7. H3LL5P4WN macrumors 68020

H3LL5P4WN

8. WBRacing macrumors 65816

$140, it's just too much money for me for a single location charger. I'd want them dotted around so I can be doing charge top ups whilst cooking, reading or watching TV.

9. dannyyankou macrumors G3

dannyyankou

The 3-in-1 is lame with the AirPods indentation. If you want to charge someone else’s phone on it, you’re out of luck.

10. furbzv1 macrumors 65816

furbzv1

$140? Ouch. I've been using my SliceCharger Pro (sorry @H3LL5P4WN ) for the last two weeks. It was a kickstarter.. took forever to get to me but was half the price of the Mophie.

11. H3LL5P4WN macrumors 68020

H3LL5P4WN

Yeah, I ordered two for slightly more than the Mophie unit. Going solely by backer number, I'm actually a fairly early backer. Yet I see comments from people before me who still don't have theirs.

12. riverfreak macrumors 65816

riverfreak

Looks great. Love the idea of an indentation for the airpods. A single purpose driven charger like this makes a ton of sense for the nightstand.

I’d argue this is a better implementation than the AirPower mockups — having positive alignment is a good thing.

13. Ron21 macrumors 6502a

Can you let me know if the charging light indicator can be turned off, or perhaps does it indicate charging for a brief period or always on?

14. Kaibelf Suspended

Kaibelf

Exactly. This makes the SliceCharge 2 look like a WAY better value.

15. ondert macrumors 6502

ondert

Oh man... these things look nice(Zens, this and nomad’s model) but they popped out a bit late. Already ordered a Slicecharge Pro.

16. macduke macrumors G4

macduke

17. Enclavean macrumors regular

Enclavean

Meh, I prefer Nomad’s

1. Nomad
    2. Mophie
    3. Zens

Wildcard: Slicecharge Pro, though according to the comments on indigogo its cheaply made and may or may not make odd noises which is why I decided not to order one.

18. TheIntruder macrumors 6502a

TheIntruder

Objectively, a bit pricey, sure.

But to be fair, Mophie isn't targeting those who buy $20 chargers and $5 cases on Amazon.

Their products sit on the shelves of Apple stores, to tempt those who will buy ~$70-140 Belkin and Logi chargers, $40 screen protectors, and phone cases that range up to $130.

It has never been a "value" brand.

19. x-evil-x macrumors 601

x-evil-x

you can get two of them for each end table by the bed and they look way better imo. Just something about that grey fabric I love. Makes it feel more comfortable than something plasticy and hard.

20. AlexSch91, Aug 10, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2019

AlexSch91 macrumors member

I just ordered one from Mophie Website.

Currently you get a 25% Discount when using "Back25"

Not sure if that code is only valid for European Union because I´m not able to visit
    the US Website without redirecting to EU.

I paid 112,46 € total (incl. Tax). Shipment is free.
    Still pricey but a lot better than 149 €

It says the code is valid until 11/8/2019
    I don't use this kind of date format so I'm not sure
    if it is valid until tomorrow or until November ;)

Discount.png

21. RxMac macrumors 6502

It’s about time a reputable company came out with one. Out of stock on Mophie, available for 8/14 arrival via Apple.

22. Solos79 macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tip :) I've just placed the order. There are still some with EU outlet.

23. AlexSch91 macrumors member

If anyone finds a review or a nice youtube testing of the new 3-in-1 Charger, please post it here :)
    There must be a more or less strong demand of the charger if it´s sold out in the US for the next weeks.

The only thing I could find until now is the unboxing on youtube from Mac Otakara.

But these 40 seconds are more like:
    "Oh, let´s open the box a just little bit and of course we don't take a few more seconds to remove the sealing of the pad for further details!"

24. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

I bought the belkin one that charges and does Apple Watch and that was £139...

basically this is the closest we will get to air power
    --- Post Merged, Aug 11, 2019 ---
    I bought the belkin one that charges and does Apple Watch and that was £139...

basically this is the closest we will get to air power

25. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Found one...