Mophie Wireless Charging Base + iPhone 8 Blinking

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ghsNick, Oct 6, 2017.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I purchased an iPhone 8 Plus and Mophie Wireless Charging Base for my wife from Apple.

I notice that after correctly laying the phone on it to start Wireless Charging the light on the Mophie Wireless Charging Base is solid white.

A couple hours later when checking back on her phone the light is blinking. Does anyone know why it’s blinking or what’s going on/is anyone else having this issue?

2. Sheboygan macrumors member

Sheboygan

I have two of them and they seem to work fine. The light is nearly impossible to see since it's on the underside. From Mophie's web site, there was a question answered by a Mophie employee:

Question:
    The manual states that there is a LED that continually is lit up when it is charging, however I can't find anything on the product page about LED's. Since I will use the pad mostly at night-time this is an important consideration.

Answer:
    If charging correctly, the LED on the charging pad will illuminate continuously. If the LED starts to flash, it means that a metal foreign object has been detected on the base (keys, etc).

3. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

That’s crazy - only the phone (no metal objects).

I can never see the light unless I get up in the middle of the night to go to the restroom and see it at a certain angle.

So I’m the only one that’s ever seen a blinking light?

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Take it back and get the Belkin one from Apple.

5. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I literally just woke up to go to the bathroom and it’s happening. I went to bed and hey were working just fine.

Woke up and they’re flashing. Super weird.

6. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Also, do you have the Belkin one?

This one looks great and feels solid (not plasticky) so I have no idea why it would detect a metal object when it isn’t nearby.

7. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

I would take it back to Apple and exchange for another one and see if it have the same behavior.

8. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Yes, have the Belkin unit and it works perfectly. I bought two more.